Tonons striking looking great

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He just nearly KO'd this guy clean on the feet
Hes fucking him up

There are definitely some holes but he schooled that guy and made a big statement.

Damn, I came here to ask where I can watch, and it seems i already missed.

There's also a good slam KO in the prelims.

Nice fight by Tonon. Came in to get some competitive ring time and try out his new skills and made the most of it. Likely could have pushed for a sub and finished it in under a minute but that wouldn't have done a thing for his development as a fighter. Smart move and the perfect type of opponent he should be matched up for his first few fights.

Damn, Tonon gnp was beautiful to watch.
Yeah, I think huge probably could have gotten an earlier stoppage under different refs though. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of him.

Yeah, I think huge probably could have gotten an earlier stoppage under different refs though. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of him.
It should be a stoppage at the end of the 1st round, the guy remained on the floor for quite some time.

Wow thanks for sharing. Yeah that's exciting to see a bjj star like that work and get good experience striking.
I love how he didn't even attempt a submission. He needs to work on those headkicks, but when he landed that punch and the guy did a 180 spin, it reminded me of the Danny Roberts KO at UFC London last weekend.

They gave him one of their worst fighters (which is understandable as it's his debut) and he took full advantage of the opportunity to work his striking game and get a KO.

I feel like he could have leg locked this guy at any time tbh

Last edited:
Tonon could have subbed him easily but chose to use this opportunity to develop comfort in the cage. To learn about distance and timing and space management etc.

Even though he fought a bum, he still looked good in there. Tonon vs Kron in Rizin would be epic.

Looks like ONE FC posted the official Tonon vs Shinya Aoki grappling match in HD.

Back