TOM ASPINALL

textwarrior

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ok, if he loss to Pav, I know all the Russians and eastern people would say what? we know exactly what they would say...

I mean...you tell me?. Now that Tom won, is he a fluke on two week notice or a legit champion?

IMO, so, I will be honest, I judged him after the Curtis fight....but now, after he beat Pav...I think he is the real deal at HW.....

What you guys think? Is he the real deal?

Tom beat a guy off 2 weeks notice, and JJ is not at Tom's level imo now...yes or no? IDK what to think about Tom...but..his speed over Pav...imo, he is the real deal...yes? or No? your thoughts?

Agree Tom is legit he's shown a well rounded game he's fast, hits hard, can grapple. Cardio might be a question mark because he's never been past the 2nd round but I think it's probably good since he's got all his other shit together

Hard disagree that Jones isn't on his level anymore(especially pre injury) and I hope we get a chance to find out

Ok, if he loss to Pav, I know all the Russians and eastern people would say what? we know exactly what they would say...

I mean...you tell me?. Now that Tom won, is he a fluke on two week notice or a legit champion?

IMO, so, I will be honest, I judged him after the Curtis fight....but now, after he beat Pav...I think he is the real deal at HW.....

What you guys think? Is he the real deal?

Tom beat a guy off 2 weeks notice, and JJ is not at Tom's level imo now...yes or no? IDK what to think about Tom...but..his speed over Pav...imo, he is the real deal...yes? or No? your thoughts?
I am calling it..Tom beats JJ because what I see in tom vs JJ......how will it go down....I will tell you...JJ is a dominate wrestler...but Tom will actually out punch and prevent JJ in the wrestling game...JJ will take it to the 3rd round by holding on...but Tom will strike JJ too much... in that 3rd round...so the first 2 rounds, JJ, will win based on judges....but the fight as fans, we will see it unfolding towards Tom...by third round...if JJ was meant for HW, he would have won this fight but...Tom will actually out strike JJ like he did in the first 2 rounds...but by the third...JJ is screwed with Tom...he will actually start to hit JJ in the exchanges of level changes....

JJ loses, based on level changes in the third round....you will see it by the third round that Tom is actually countering, dropping his head, and exchanging better now...Tom will out smart JJ by third round and on...and JJ is getting too tired now.

Agree Tom is legit he's shown a well rounded game he's fast, hits hard, can grapple. Cardio might be a question mark because he's never been past the 2nd round but I think it's probably good since he's got all his other shit together

Hard disagree that Jones isn't on his level anymore(especially pre injury) and I hope we get a chance to find out
ok yeah he is well rounded but I did not see that cardio question you put ...I overlooked that.

I just hope he doesn’t stay on the shelf. The next 8 months to a year, or so could really suck in HW. Jones, and Stipe aren’t fighting anybody. Aspinall might not fight anybody.

I’d really like to see Gane vs Pavlovich, though.

The injury to Jones, and this IC could kill really kill my interest in the division.

If you needed this fight to realize Aspinall is the "real deal," then you simply don't understand what you're watching.

Aspinall has 4 wins against guys currently in the top 10, and all 4 of those wins were 1st round destructions. The Volkov should have told you all you needed to know. He walked through Volkov in less than 4 minutes and finished him with a straight armbar--a submission that almost never works in high-level mma. Aspinall is destroying people on the feet, and striking isn't even the best part of his game.

Gane is the real test.

Yeah, I did...his knee gave out...but was not sure it was his knee or something else ...sorry
It seems rhe nuthuggers are saying it was like a lightning strike. Not many heavyweights blow their knee out in their hometown in the main event. How many?

Tom is incredible. He's came back great. Has shown himself time and time again. But FFS people should stop blowing over the TKO and get off his dick

It seems rhe nuthuggers are saying it was like a lightning strike. Not many heavyweights blow their knee out in their hometown in the main event. How many?

Tom is incredible. He's came back great. Has shown himself time and time again. But FFS people should stop blowing over the TKO and get off his dick
Yeah, the fact that he was weak enough for an injury in his own home town, a place where he should be invincible and impervious to harm, clearly shows some big holes in his skills and abilities.

Yeah, the fact that he was weak enough for an injury in his own home town, a place where he should be invincible and impervious to harm, clearly shows some big holes in his skills and abilities.
He wasn't weak enough thats not the point. He got injured and lost the fight. Was a legit win for Blaydes. Maybe Blaydes should've gotten injured instead and lost the fight because it was just as improbable right?

He wasn't weak enough thats not the point. He got injured and lost the fight. Was a legit win for Blaydes. Maybe Blaydes should've gotten injured instead and lost the fight because it was just as improbable right?
I was agreeing with you. Him landing on his leg wrong while getting a hometown buff clearly shows some holes in his game. I mean, how embarrassing is it for a fighter to hurt themselves accidentally? I’m surprised that he didn’t retire from that one-sided beat down.

I was agreeing with you. Him landing on his leg wrong while getting a hometown buff clearly shows some holes in his game. I mean, how embarrassing is it for a fighter to hurt themselves accidentally? I’m surprised that he didn’t retire from that one-sided beat down.
Why would he retire? He came back just fine. It wasn't a one sided beat down. Just an injury loss. Tom is doing great since my dude

Back