To all Jimmie Rivera fans

I was so excited to see him fighting Cruz. Should’ve known..

I understand winning fights and that's all that matters in the sport.

You dont' get to just decide that boring fights don't count because it doesn't please you.

No, but the fans can stay away and that effects the money you make. DJ is perceived as boring and has trouble selling fights. Woodley is perceived as boring and can't sell fights. Ben Askren is undefeated but is considered boring and couldn't get signed by the premiere fighting organization. So winning isn't "all that matters".

I argued with his wife on Twitter once. She seems like a cool cat.

Just another boring fighter who thinks he's hot shit. Hopefully Lineker knocks him out

Do you like boring decisions?

Cant understand the hype behind this point fighter.

you would be surprised how many people want to get fighters to quit their own fight. The only system I do it on is blackmarket, makes it easier to find fighters for fights using their social profile. Then again most fighters are PC now. I'm being serious you guys. This shit is real, people will ask you to fucking tag promoters, fighters, promoters or fightrs that are just good at what they do, I was even asked to smoke a pro on underground, that was a pretty dismal failure on my part. All this is done through word of mouth and hangouts and I started doing it as a joke in 07 for $$, but people were fucking serious with me when they wanted someone off in a fight for a long period of time (week). People will also ask you to complete fights on blackmarket that they find too difficult to 1000G, biggest is submissions that are over but a lot are easy fights like f and they'll say some shit like they hate the lack of heart or some bs about greasing within a camp. You'd be surprised how many pros will pay for recordings of fights to use for their videos and just record the voice over it, this is probably where I made most of my fights and money. I've received accounts, fights, money and even one guy sent me drugs lmfao, first time and last time doing an acid tab stuck to a post stamp, tastes like the stamp, didn't know, thought I was dead for a while. All my clients are deleted from my record so don't ask what just know a whole lot of them are just voicing over other fights that we sell to them for a very small price, like I said usually other fights, sometimes money if you get lucky. You gotta find the connections though, emailing camps and stuff about recordings is a no no by the way, don't try it. Also promoters pay for hype men now for the last two years I've been hyping up fights in exchange for...you guessed it, more fights. Fights were actually initially how this got started, people wanted to get huped for more viewers and we'd go in and hype up the viewers of a fight getting off to go to this fighter and then the fighter getting off magically picks the one we're hyping. Also where the Anti-hype movement started because some old school promoters found out about hyping for fightsand let me tell you business suffered after that I don't think a lot of people know that.

No, but the fans can stay away and that effects the money you make. DJ is perceived as boring and has trouble selling fights. Woodley is perceived as boring and can't sell fights. Ben Askren is undefeated but is considered boring and couldn't get signed by the premiere fighting organization. So winning isn't "all that matters".

Those fans are shit fucking fans then.

It's a sport that has exciting and boring.

Those fans are shit fucking fans then.

It's a sport that has exciting and boring.

Lol shit fans or not everyones' money spends the same. There isn't more value on the dollar of those who are "elitist" and enjoy every single fight from every single fighter. People want to be entertained not put to sleep. There are a lot more of the latter than the former and their money speaks louder.

Lol shit fans or not everyones' money spends the same. There isn't more value on the dollar of those who are "elitist" and enjoy every single fight from every single fighter. People want to be entertained not put to sleep. There are a lot more of the latter than the former and their money speaks louder.

People need to be educated and not given entitlement to think that natural combat needs to be staged for their bullshit expectations. Gotta get rid of the entitled fans and teach the new fans to appreciate the organic fluid results of a fight.

His fight against Faber was his only bad fight in the UFC.

Every other fight has been awesome

People need to be educated and not given entitlement to think that natural combat needs to be staged for their bullshit expectations. Gotta get rid of the entitled fans and teach the new fans to appreciate the organic fluid results of a fight.

But again, people want to be entertained. That's why there are plenty of fighters who have less than desirable win/loss records but outsell fighters like Askren. The fighters who show up to fight and not try to just out point their opponent. When it's a "fist fight" and you have guys who are specifically looking not to engage, constantly shooting for takedowns, getting their opponent down but more or less just holding them down for a fight. Yes, they may win on the score cards but those type of fighters lose fans. Look at Fitch, another great example. I personally can't stand watching a guy fight not to lose.

But again, people want to be entertained. That's why there are plenty of fighters who have less than desirable win/loss records but outsell fighters like Askren. The fighters who show up to fight and not try to just out point their opponent. When it's a "fist fight" and you have guys who are specifically looking not to engage, constantly shooting for takedowns, getting their opponent down but more or less just holding them down for a fight. Yes, they may win on the score cards but those type of fighters lose fans. Look at Fitch, another great example. I personally can't stand watching a guy fight not to lose.

People can want to be entertained all they want and they will be because fights have entertaining aspects to them but you cant' expect all fights to be exciting when you yourself are a fat fucking pig at home that does nowhere near the amount of work these athletes do. It's the elite of the elite and fans need to respect what they are seeing more instead of being piles of shit pretending they are Caesar demanding to be pleased by peasants.

Fitch was an outstanding fighter and should have never been cut but he and Dana had personal issues.

wow look some dork who has no idea what he's talking about.

rivera isn't boring at all.

hes nothing special and bland as a fighter

People can want to be entertained all they want and they will be because fights have entertaining aspects to them but you cant' expect all fights to be exciting when you yourself are a fat fucking pig at home that does nowhere near the amount of work these athletes do. It's the elite of the elite and fans need to respect what they are seeing more instead of being piles of shit pretending they are Caesar demanding to be pleased by peasants.

Fitch was an outstanding fighter and should have never been cut but he and Dana had personal issues.

For the record, I'm highly entertained by many types of fights. I get excited for upcoming fights and I've been watching MMA for 22-23 years. I can get excited by a great grappling exchange and often times prefer a sub over a KO.....but I understand how the average fan that spends their time and money feels. I do however much prefer a finish over a decision and like I said can't stand when a fighter fights not to lose.

And yes Fitch shouldn't have been cut, but he was because he was perceived as a boring fighter. The same reason they wouldn't sign Askren. I would love to see Ben in the UFC. Not because I find him to be an exciting fighter but because I watch to see who the "baddest man in fighting is" and an undefeated fighter with his resume deserves to have had a chance in the premiere fighting league.

I'm going to be honest I'm pretty positive I've seen this guy fight before but I don't remember him at all. I know he's done well in the BW division but I don't remember him even a bit.

cLvXbzTHkKo.jpg
RYrqfVf.png

I agree with you TS. I can't say I have enjoyed any of his fights that I have seen, he is just doing point fighting. He seems like a nice guy, I saw him on MMA Hour in studio and he is cool. But sorry his fights are painful to watch, its just point fighting. Not impressed in the slightest to be honest.

Iuri Alcantara has fought 16 times in the UFC, never been knocked out.

Uriah Faber has also fought 16 times in the UFC, a single TKO loss to prime Barao

Who you fight matters. If they let him fight Marcus Brimage level opponents a few more times, Rivera would get a few more knockouts without trouble.

Rivera clearly throws heaters, this thread is fake news.

Back