TJ Dillashaw is no longer on a plan to make 125 pounds by August

MM would have won vs the depleted TJ.

Would have messed TJ's fight vs Cody in the process.. Conor booking the big fight and MM asking for $ saved TJ's silly ass.

I doubt the UFC was dead set against giving him more money for the fight. Something could have been worked out there. I just think MM does not want to take the loss. He wants to protect his winning streak..

I doubt the UFC was dead set against giving him more money for the fight. Something could have been worked out there. I just think MM does not want to take the loss. He wants to protect his winning streak..

Why would MM be scared of freaking TJ ? and think about it he was ready to go up and face him when it was 2 champs + more money + 'superfight' on the line.

You really think a depleted TJ would have put a freaking dent in MM's game plan ? it was the perfect scenario for him to have him at 125 lbs only problem was the $ that was always the problem him risking his record + wasting the "superfight" under this circumstances for what exactly ? 50k-150k extra cause that's what his PPV share would have been most likely if he accepted.. now if Dana payed him 500k extra then be sure he would have fucked TJ's life with a loss.

I'm not even kidding MM is that good only thing is this 135's are a tad bigger then him and will make it plenty competitive but any of them coming to 125 and they are fucked.

I like MM but it's pretty obvious he wants to protect his record.

I still don't see the point of the fight in the first place unless either one of them were switching weights. Fucking retarded match making these days.

Why would MM be scared of freaking TJ ? and think about it he was ready to go up and face him when it was 2 champs + more money + 'superfight' on the line.

You really think a depleted TJ would have put a freaking dent in MM's game plan ? it was the perfect scenario for him to have him at 125 lbs only problem was the $ that was always the problem him risking his record + wasting the "superfight" under this circumstances for what exactly ? 50k-150k extra cause that's what his PPV share would have been most likely if he accepted.. now if Dana payed him 500k extra then be sure he would have fucked TJ's life with a loss.

I'm not even kidding MM is that good only thing is this 135's are a tad bigger then him and will make it plenty competitive but any of them coming to 125 and they are fucked.

So your taking everything MM said on the MMA hour or whatever at it's word? The finances can be worked out, this has happened many times in the UFC. It seems he never showed any interest in the fight at all. He told the UFC that he wants to break the record against the next guy in line, in his division. Not fight TJ. TJ has said he is ready to sign, I am cutting weight lets do it. MM won't sign..

I like MM but it's pretty obvious he wants to protect his record.

More like pay him.

UFC wanted to get him real cheap for a "superfight" that 2 years ago would have cost them a few millions to set up with both of them.

Now they wanted them both for around 800k $ or so.

All this crap on MM for not fighting TJ is kind of dumb. DJ had a couple of valid points...TJ's first fight at 125, guarantee DJ money if TJ misses weight because it wouldn't be a title defense. Couple this by the fact TJ was not going to stay at 125, if he won and vacated everyone on Sherdog would call DJ a "paper champ" because he didn't beat the real champ, in the event DJ won the belt back.

If they made a TJ/DJ fight, make it at 135, that way if DJ wins, he can go back to 125, defend the belt and set the record for defenses, then move up and test the waters at 135. It would be a bigger statement for DJ to beat TJ at 135 while still 125 champ.

So your taking everything MM said on the MMA hour or whatever at it's word? The finances can be worked out, this has happened many times in the UFC. It seems he never showed any interest in the fight at all. He told the UFC that he wants to break the record against the next guy in line, in his division. Not fight TJ. TJ has said he is ready to sign, I am cutting weight lets do it. MM won't sign..

I know Dana.. I know MM the dude is itching for a better pay day, would be a HUGE disservice to himself to be allowed to be that low balled in this circumstances that I told you up there.

Be sure Dana offered him same purse like always + PPV and that means 50k-150k.. maybe 200k if they are lucky but they won't be.. Dana was looking out for himself like always and figured he can flex on MM since the dude ain't a draw and has a smaller voice.

It's so clear I really don't get it why others have problem seeing this.. but it's a different type of hate, the hate for the smaller division, the smaller man, etc.. bullshit that is hiding their own feelings they could give a flying fuck about the "fight" and whatever pretext they are saying while getting their hate on.

I don't know man he made 125 12 years ago. Or he had no intention of making it at all.

I honestly think DJ would have beaten skeleton TJ. 125 would have hurt his stamina.

I thought he never made the weight before, apparently he always wrestled at higher than 125lbs.

Either way basically they told MM, hey your fighting a snake at 125.

MM said cool but can be make weight??

Dana said he guarantees he'll make the weight.

MM said ok would you guarantee it with money??

Dana said he'll shut the entire division!!!

He had a shot at 135 and lost. Then they invented 125 and down he went. He has fought nobody whatsoever the last few years. When he is challenged with you know an actual hard fight, the first one since Cruz he runs away. Can't respect that. Best UFC fighter of all time some people have said. Kenny Florian and Stann both talked about this. When men like Jones had to fight, Rampage, Shogun, DC, Gus and GSP fought BJ, Hughes, Shields, Diaz what are we talking about here? He won't even fight TJ Dillashaw.
Casuals have no idea who the guys are that MM has beaten. Like kid yamamoto and miguel torres.

Did TJ have 10lbs to lose?

TJ-Dillashaw-UFC-177w_3576_vert.jpg

tj-dillashaw-joe-soto-ufc-177.jpg

the best should fight the best and TJ was by far the best fighter DJ could have fought at that time
please delete the division dana

Makes DJ look horrible in front of fans and the boss, then retracts offer.

Pretty solid trolling from TJ.

8/10

DJ/Dillashaw was a no-win situation anyway. I'm glad it's not happening.
smart business move would have been just to march Borg in there and market it half decently, showcase DJ and set him up to fight cg/tj winner. how hard is it to matchmake and not disrespect your champs.

Does this mean DJ has accepted the fight at 135?

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

id literally eat shit if this happened

your an idiot. the guy wants to get paid and will love to fight either of the 135's in a superfight. just wants to set an all time record first. if you think he wouldnt fight the 135 champ you are an idiot

meh. i think DJ is one of the most skilled MMA fighters and flyweight is one of the better divisions if you dont have a weird obsession with fighter size (like many mma fans), but i cant respect DJ after this.

It's better that it's not happening IMHO. I feel that having paper champs is about the worst thing that can happen. It neuters an entire division and no one in said division can really fix that. If Dillashaw dropped down, won, and then at any point relinquished the belt to move back up it would make an already beleaguered division stone cold dead.

I loved the Aldo/Blessed fight, but it will always have a cloud hanging over it since Conor is the lineal champ of that division and beat both of those guys but never lost to them. Bones and Cormier is a similar problem, I just don't care what Cormier does as champ because Jones beat him and never lost his belt in the cage.

If anybody thinks that flyweight sucks/is stupid/should be cut now imagine if MM loses and Dillashaw walks away from the division and MM gets the belt back. That's permanently and definitively worse.

As an aside, why wasn't Dominick Cruz brought up during any of this? Wouldn't the most interesting fight be Cruz-Dillashaw 2? Cruz is apparently and surprisingly healthy, hasn't fought since he lost to Garbrandt, has history with Dillashaw, and does not have any fight scheduled. He's apparently just waiting for Garbrandt. Well, so is Dillashaw! Isn't the best fight to make that rematch? Dillashaw is the guy who lost his opponent, not MM.

Honestly, flyweight is humming along with no problem like it usually has. Meanwhile bantamweight has the top 3 people in its division doing nothing while almost all of the rest of its top 10 have or will have fought in June and July.

I just don't agree with the apparent attitude of making the next fight the biggest they can manage, rinse and repeat, as opposed to actually managing the divisions for the long term. Assuncao just got by Moraes but now he's just going to sit there for who knows how long. The #1 guy is hurt, the #2 and #3 want to wait to fight #1, and the #4 just barely won. And the fight to make is Dillashaw-MM? Only if you want to make a stagnant bantamweight division even worse.

Back