tips on escaping standing rear naked choke + common injury question

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
2 questions.

- What are some tips on escaping standing rear naked choke, assuming your opponent also has the body triangle as well? (so they are pretty much hanging on behind you)

- I'm a white belt, that just started bjj so far I find it's easy to get injured when rolling other white belts that go berzerk and/or going with heavier partners. Is this common to get a injury?

I currently have floater ribs seperated. My thumb pops in and out. My elbow and wrist are sore. I 've had a stress fracture in my foot and leave bruised daily. So yeah be prepared

2 questions.

- What are some tips on escaping standing rear naked choke, assuming your opponent also has the body triangle as well? (so they are pretty much hanging on behind you)

- I'm a white belt, that just started bjj so far I find it's easy to get injured when rolling other white belts that go berzerk and/or going with heavier partners. Is this common to get a injury?

Depends your age I'm 34 and I got injured the first week in, a shoulder issue, it's been 5 months and it's still sore.

I have neck issues that comes back every 2 or 3 weeks

I'm now working on muscling up those areas to make them more durable and flexible, but when you love to roll and you do it 4-5 times a week, injuries don't have time to heal and you're always too sore to do the exercices that would help you to not get injured the next time

So to sum it up, I get injured a lot and that's mostly because I'm a dumbass

And also, your right, rolling with begginers that go berzerk is an issue for injuries, a lot more than heavier guys. It's pretty damn annoying to get an elbow injury when the guy was attempting a shoulder lock...

Fight hands.

Prop up on a wall behind you to save energy.

Fight hands.

Get two on one hand control.

Pass/pull his arm over to the opposite side and start shimmying and shucking him around off you.

Did i mention fight hands?

I hope your not taking about a fully locked rnc... Now it depends a lot on what the choker is doing if he's got it locked and he knows he he's doing, you ain't getting out, if not... Many ways... YouTube is your friend frankly

Back