Tim Tszyu vs Brian Mendoza OCT.14th PBC Showtime

107-102 Tszyu. Battered his man from post to post.

Agree with your assesment.

Tszyu respected Mendoza's power and took his time working his way into things. The usual methodical, surgical Tszyu approach - Ocampo fight being the outlier where he came in determined to make a statement and show his power to build some respect in USA.

He just absolutely took over from round 7 and gave Mendoza a real working over. Mendoza was tough and took his punishment but it was literally one way punishment from that round.

Solid effort by Tszyu but he'll wish he'd been able to finish it- more surgical in aiming the big shot? More aggressive earlier? I'll be interested to hear his interviews. He had Mendoza hurt a number of times, wobbly even but he recovered and kept fighting back- tough dude.

Last edited:
Good fight by both guys. Tim took over as Mendoza faded. I feel like Tim should just take small steps as he progresses. Crawford would play with Tim or stop him, Spence would decision him also. Canelo would KO Tim.

A lot of talk out of Tim camp about fighting all the big names but at this stage I don’t see him on that level. I would rather a more humble Tim. He hasn’t beaten any one really anywhere the level of Crawford and Canelo. It does take time yes but there talking about all these big fights and he was very outspoken about Charlo and Canelo fight and I honestly don’t see Tim being able to go the distance with Canelo. Canelo too much power and better boxer.

Good fight by both guys. Tim took over as Mendoza faded. I feel like Tim should just take small steps as he progresses. Crawford would play with Tim or stop him, Spence would decision him also. Canelo would KO Tim.

A lot of talk out of Tim camp about fighting all the big names but at this stage I don’t see him on that level. I would rather a more humble Tim. He hasn’t beaten any one really anywhere the level of Crawford and Canelo. It does take time yes but there talking about all these big fights and he was very outspoken about Charlo and Canelo fight and I honestly don’t see Tim being able to go the distance with Canelo. Canelo too much power and better boxer.

Canelo would batter him- too big. Maybe in a few years if he has a dream run.

The rest, hmm Tim is a class above everyone who has been in front of him so far and he knows he has a lot more to give if he's ever tested. I think he's ready for Charlo and if he handles that, who knows?

Tim is very strong I think he would over power Charlo to be honest and could take his power no problem. Despite his recent knock outs, historically Charlo is not a big puncher and relies more on landing the perfect punch. Charlo is also not slick enough to outbox Tim over 12 rounds either really. A Crawford fight would be great.

This gimmick is getting tired. If you don't stop trolling, it won't last long. And if it isn't, stop huffing paint.
Was this the guy who made up his own scoring system and rules for boxing for the Loma Haney fight???? The guy who had like 6 or 7 scores, giving the same rounds to both fighters??? Or scores that were mathematically impossible???
Then he got mad & cried robbery when people wouldn't use his imaginary scoring system that he couldn't even use right himself.

Damn Mendoza is tough. Hopefully Tszyu vs Charlo happens.

I like Tim. He has an exceptional composure (seems to always fight within himself), and discipline. He was able to remain in first gear while Mendoza (a pretty good fighter) was ramping up to 3rd and 4th gear. He finally turned it up in the 7th, I think, when he landed like 3 consecutive right uppercuts, throwing with more power each time. After that, he was in 2nd gear while Mendoza was pretty much out of options and ideas, outside of landing a counterpunch. He never stopped trying--unlike Charlo vs. Canelo.

I am not sure anyone from 54 down has an easy time with Tim. BTW, does anyone know the story between him and Kostya? Pops never seems to be seen at his fights and Tim does not ever mention him. It's a shame if they had a bad falling out--but Tim is legitimately doing this on his own. Kudos.

Reactions: mon
I like Tim. He has an exceptional composure (seems to always fight within himself), and discipline. He was able to remain in first gear while Mendoza (a pretty good fighter) was ramping up to 3rd and 4th gear. He finally turned it up in the 7th, I think, when he landed like 3 consecutive right uppercuts, throwing with more power each time. After that, he was in 2nd gear while Mendoza was pretty much out of options and ideas, outside of landing a counterpunch. He never stopped trying--unlike Charlo vs. Canelo.

I am not sure anyone from 54 down has an easy time with Tim. BTW, does anyone know the story between him and Kostya? Pops never seems to be seen at his fights and Tim does not ever mention him. It's a shame if they had a bad falling out--but Tim is legitimately doing this on his own. Kudos.

Heard there was bad blood, hence the "whats my name" which chaffed the old Kostya fans.
Whatever it is Kostya has played a part. Cant remember the fight(maybe even the Harrison clinic) but Kostya stated he sees a lot of room for improvement and they'll work on it.

Iirc Kostya lives in Europe again so the above appears to be just a look at me I'm relevant.

i.e
https://7news.com.au/sport/boxing/w...zyu-wont-attend-his-sons-mega-fight-c-1267126

https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing...t/news-story/bf8008664e40fa1f668b77ee485d07bd

Parent's breakup it can be the catalyst to cast one parent aside if there are underlying issues.

Edit, good post btw. Personally I think Tim's going to perform very well against Charlo if given the chance. He's growing as a fighter and has superb composure, self control and self belief.

Last edited:
I scored it 115-113 Tszyu. Didn’t do much in the first half of the fight.

Bud schools him and I think Charlo beats him - too porous

And yeah, leave your sister at home next time Tim

I scored it 115-113 Tszyu. Didn’t do much in the first half of the fight.

Bud schools him and I think Charlo beats him - too porous

And yeah, leave your sister at home next time Tim

Agreed sister needs to stay home that was embarrassing. Bud would tool him and get the Ko, the Charlo one is interesting I feel Charlo could get the decision as he went 12 with Canelo and Canelo has the power and wasn't able to stop Charlo. Also depends if and when the Charlo fights happened as well. Tim is definitely improving so will be interesting to see what happens next.

Back