Till v Wonderboy by the numbers.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BlancoDiablo828, May 27, 2018.

1. BlancoDiablo828

BlancoDiablo828 Blue Belt

http://www.fightmetric.com:8081/events/fight-info/7197/

Till out struck wonderboy in rounds 2, 3 and 5. They have it 9 to 6, 9 to 8 and 11 to 4 respectively. The fight was certainly close. But based on the fight stats, and I can't think of a better, more conclusive way to judge it, the right guy won.

Fedor's NO.1 Fan and Nightwish like this.
  2. Gervais

Gervais White Belt

So till landed more, was the aggressor and had a knock down. Yet wonderboy was robbed?

3. Kung Fu Tze

Kung Fu Tze Draw that Smokewagon !!! Staff Member Senior Moderator

Plus... his shadow boxing was on point. UFC needs a yellow card for action...

paynebringer and Which Doctor like this.
  4. BlancoDiablo828

I think people went into this fight with their mind made up because of Till missing weight. He had been painted as the villain before the fight ever started. Imo, till without question won the fight statistically.

Fedor's NO.1 Fan likes this.
  5. Streeter

Streeter Brown Belt

Neither fighter won anything for 4 rounds a soundly boring fight aside from 30 seconds in rd 5.

WB is like Machida his fights are either really boring or boring but with a awesome ending.

6. Scurvydawg

Scurvydawg Orange Belt

I did have to much of a problem with it. I did expect way more from Thompson though.

Boy wonder knew the consequences of letting this go to the judges. No one to blame but himself for being a boring hoser when we all know he can be a killer. Stephen Thompson is becoming synonymous with boring fights lately. He needs to take more risk and re-evaluate his game plan. Ain't gonna be getting any title shots with performances like this one. Win or lose. Only so many times you can use the excuse "Tactical" to mask inactive point fighting.

Not Mad at the Till decision in the slightest. He was the green rookie against a seasoned vet. Wonderboy could have and should have demolished him. He did not even look like he wanted to be there. He needs to find his mojo again or hang em up.

paynebringer and BlancoDiablo828 like this.
  7. sabretitan

sabretitan Black Belt

Watch the fight, sound off bud

8. revoltub

revoltub blackwater Belt

The cleaner shots were by WB.

007 likes this.
  9. IamStryker

IamStryker Silver Belt

Shouldn't you blame WB for that since Till was the aggressor most of the time?

10. BEATDOWNS

BEATDOWNS Black Belt

Here is the fight if anyone missed it. i hope this is within the rules.

[​IMG]

11. IamStryker

IamStryker Silver Belt

Till looked to have the better leg kicks and the only knockdown of the fight.

MMAcolyte likes this.
  12. Gilday

Gilday Black Belt

Till is a cocky brit who missed weight, there's literally now way he could've won without people shitting on him

13. car epic win

car epic win Blue Belt

I had it 3-2 wonderboy but they both deserve to lose for that shit ass boreshow

Jedi Judah likes this.
  14. Jedi Judah

Jedi Judah Purple Belt

I scored the fight for Thompson and Im more of a Till fan

15. BlancoDiablo828

I get people shitting on him. And fuck him for missing weight. what he did was unprofessional. But WB took the extra money and accepted the fight and subsequently lost 3 rounds to 2.

16. Robert Munch!

Robert Munch! Orange Belt

Glad I didn't watch the boring shit show

17. dipstickjimmy

dipstickjimmy Brown Belt

9 glancing blows vs 8 hard blows that snap the opponents head back goes to the higher volume? Not saying that was the case here but volume does not always win when the criteria is "Effective Striking". I don't know where the line is between volume and power. 100 jabs landed over a round beats on hard shot. 10 jabs doesn't beat 5 jabs and 4 overhand rights.

I was surprised to hear the "Numbers" as when I watched it live (Actually on PVR) it seemed to me that Wonderboy landed the only strikes of consequence in 3 rounds and the only round I clearly thought Till won was the 5th. I had it 49-46 Thompson but could understand 48-47 Thompson. That seemed like a classic case of "Home Town Judging" to me.

18. BlancoDiablo828

When the fight ended, I genuinely thought WB had it in the bag. I was quite shocked by the outcome. But then I saw the stats and was like, "well fuck, I guess I didn't really know what I was looking at!?!" With that said, I have no other choice but to assume the judges got it right based on the stats.

19. INTERL0PER

INTERL0PER Brown Belt

Said this in another thread already, but IMO, it should be scored 50-49 for Till.

When you have to go to the numbers to try work out who won a round, that round was a draw, IMO. I mean are we really going to give a fighter an entire round because he landed a strike or two more than his opponent? Are we going to try quantify the difference between a quick leg kick and a jab to the chest?

The ONLY moment of dominance in the fight was the knockdown. Everything else was a wash. Till won the fifth. The other rounds were even.

davidlemonparty likes this.
  20. davidlemonparty

davidlemonparty Green Belt

I believe Till won as well.
    R1 goes to WB - this was Tills 'worst' round in terms of effective activity.
    R2 Till is ahead per the numbers, plus he had 3 very effective front leg side kicks - the most effective strikes of the first 3 rounds. They clearly had WB thinking and slowed him down for both this round and the next.
    R3 was quite even IMO - nothing exceptional. I think WB landed a couple of nice counter hooks, but Till rode them off pretty well - not judged as being impactful strikes. I think the front kicks were impacting WB in this round as well.
    R4 also quite even. and could be called a draw, or just play it by the numbers - Till had more volume of more signifigance.
    R5 a pretty clear 10-9 for Till. The KD was fair and square. WB's TD attempt was easily thrwarted.

So i could see it going either way, but happily see it for Till. No cry of robbery needed, nor should it even be too controversial.