Tides of Numenera

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
Got Tides on the day it came out.

I'm a huge RPG fan, been playing them from times I can't remember, first was maybe Bards Tale I which was a horrible chug fest until I learnt to cheat by swapping discs and getting some kind of fireball horn :)

Planescape Torment is probably my favorite RPG ever, maybe Fallout 2. Same people that made Tides.

Tides is a sweet game that really recalls PT and F2 and I like it but...

Fuck, I've played it for a while, reaching the end and it seems very very small compared to PT and F2. Similar in size to Tyranny (good game, shit combat).

Definitely lacks the epicness of PT. I may be remembering through rose tinted glasses but I remember having huge character development, huge NPC development, massive amounts of items and an awesome complicated story. Tides feels like a quarter of PT. Finished the first part of the game and I thought there was 8 times more to explore and more to talk about with my companions. Suddenly I'm in the middle and going, WTF? They got a lot of money from backers, can't understand why this game is much more limited compared to say Wasteland 2 (same people).

Definitely worth playing but I'm kinda disappointed.

Been playing it and enjoying it. Kind of a slow start since they're spoon feeding you so much more, but it opens up after that.

Back