Thurman hopes Thurman-Garcia can hit 8m viewers

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-hopes-he-garcia-draw-8-million-viewers-on-cbs--112784

“It’s a blessing,” Thurman said Wednesday after a press conference at Barclays Center to officially announce the fight. “I wanna be seen by the American public. I wanna be seen by the fight fans. I want the fight fans to get these high-caliber fights without having to come out of pocket. They’re accustomed to it, and they don’t really mind paying for the best fights. But you do get more viewership by not asking people to buy. [The viewership] was amazing with Shawn. I’m hoping to beat six million [viewers]. And it would be tremendous if we could double [the Thurman-Porter rating] and hit eight million. I really wanna show the world that boxing still is highly appreciated amongst the American sports fans.”

I don't really have a prediction for this yet when it comes to viewership, but I think Garcia wins a debatable decision. Both fighters get KDs in this fight.

Is it going to be during the Super Bowl halftime show? In the stadium?

This is possible only if CBS advertises from now until the day of the fight.

Appearances on ESPN, and the works.

This is possible only if CBS advertises from now until the day of the fight.

Appearances on ESPN, and the works.
I think its plausible. I think it at least peaks over 6m.

I think its plausible. I think it at least peaks over 6m.
It may also only match either of Thurman's best ratings on PBC. Aside from ratings, I'm pumped for this fight happening.

It may also only match either of Thurman's best ratings on PBC. Aside from ratings, I'm pumped for this fight happening.
Itll beat Thurmans past fights.
Garcias a bigger name and is an undefeated champ.
ESPNs gonna showcase this fight, and since Thurman and Garcia seem to be going back and forth, itll only add to the allure.
Winner fights Pacquiao on NBC later this year.
Callin it.

3.4 million for the show, 4 milion peak is my guess. Very tough competition from UFC

The original Thurman/Porter card (with Mares/Cuellar) was supposed to have NCAA Hoops lead in. That would've gotten 8 million viewers had Thurman not gotten injured

http://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-hopes-he-garcia-draw-8-million-viewers-on-cbs--112784

“It’s a blessing,” Thurman said Wednesday after a press conference at Barclays Center to officially announce the fight. “I wanna be seen by the American public. I wanna be seen by the fight fans. I want the fight fans to get these high-caliber fights without having to come out of pocket. They’re accustomed to it, and they don’t really mind paying for the best fights. But you do get more viewership by not asking people to buy. [The viewership] was amazing with Shawn. I’m hoping to beat six million [viewers]. And it would be tremendous if we could double [the Thurman-Porter rating] and hit eight million. I really wanna show the world that boxing still is highly appreciated amongst the American sports fans.”

I don't really have a prediction for this yet when it comes to viewership, but I think Garcia wins a debatable decision. Both fighters get KDs in this fight.

This will defiantly do good numbers
Danny is very popular

I also like the buzz this fight has
Have the commercials run yet?

3.4 million for the show, 4 milion peak is my guess. Very tough competition from UFC

The original Thurman/Porter card (with Mares/Cuellar) was supposed to have NCAA Hoops lead in. That would've gotten 8 million viewers had Thurman not gotten injured
Did someone say 4 million?

I'll be shocked if it eclipses 3.5 million.

Boxing just sucks at advertising.

If it wasn't for this forum and 5dimes.com I wouldn't know half of these fights would be taking place..

If this fight is marketed well, it should pass 3 million no issue

some of the bigger boxing fights create buzz at my gym

alot of people talking about Canelo/Chavez Jr.

this fight, not so much

I don't see it. These guy have no name value outside of people who actually follow boxing.

Back