Three burglars enter Oklahoma house, occupant had AR-15...

ShoelessRye

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The intruders — a 16-year-old, a 17-year-old and a man thought to be 18 or 19 — had smashed open the back door of the house, the Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement posted to Facebook. Their plan was burglary, authorities said.

They wore gloves, masks and all-black clothes, Wagoner County Deputy Nick Mahoney told Tulsa World. Two of the teenagers were armed, one with a knife and the other with brass knuckles.

Several nearby homes had been burglarized in recent weeks, neighbor Leon Simmons told KOTV-TV. Authorities said they could not speculate as to whether this incident was related to the others.

The trio reportedly exchanged words with the 23-year-old son of the homeowner, whose name has also not been released. He fired on them with an AR-15, a popular semiautomatic rifle, officials told Fox 23.

Two of the intruders died inside the kitchen. The other “was able to run to the driveway before succumbing to his injuries,” the statement said.

Three intruders were killed after the son of the homeowner fired a semiautomatic rifle in what local law enforcement officers later described as an act of self-defense, though their investigation remains open.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...th-an-ar-15-deputies-say/?tid=pm_national_pop

(Article quoted out of order for effect)

Thank god the lad is okay. Lucky he had the powerful weapon to destroy the intruders.

Knife and brass knuckles. 3 vs 1? the kid would have been seriously injured or killed. Nothing is more important than survival.

It sucks for the dude living with killing 3 people has got to be rough regardless of the circumstances.

Good news for a change

3 less shitbags in the world

Inb4 should've called the cops

Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

Or brass knuckles

Were they there to get money to buy school clothes?

I have no issue with the shooting as long as they weren't running and shot in the back. Even then, it was 3-on-1 in close quarters so I wouldn't likely convict on any jury. He didn't shoot right away as there was a verbal confrontation. Probably gave them a chance to surrender immediately and one or all made a quick move.

There was a 21 yr old get away driver - she's charged with three counts of murder for her friends getting killed. That's gotta doubly suck. Betcha her story is "I just dove them here, I didn't know they was robbing places".

It sucks for the dude living with killing 3 people has got to be rough regardless of the circumstances.

I am willing to bet the living dude would rather deal with killing three intruders than being killed himself or having to live with the fear of the three intruders for the rest of his life.

Good for the living dude.

Did they award the dude a medal? Because they should.

No remorse at all for the criminals.

neat story, but what's the war room angle?

There was a 21 yr old get away driver - she's charged with three counts of murder for her friends getting killed. That's gotta doubly suck. Betcha her story is "I just dove them here, I didn't know they was robbing places".
Authorities later said the suspected getaway driver, Elizabeth Rodriguez, turned herself in at the Broken Arrow Police Department.

Most likely she said "no hablo ingles"

I need to know what color the intruders were before I form an opinion.

In my CHL class the guy was stressing this so much. He was talking about how whenever he brings this up he routinely has vets who 100% agree with him.

I have no sympathy -- You make a decision like that and you accept the consequences -- live by the sword die by the sword. I am just glad they broke in on someone armed to the tits instead of some helpless elderly person.

Back