Thread Posting Guidelines

[7] Think a bit before you post. Do you really understand what you are posting about? Did you read it through? Is it really interesting? Don't just post a lazily written introduction to a link when you don't understand what the link actually says.

Oh oh. You'll hear from the owners about this one. Following this rule will make traffic and posting slow down to a 1-2 posts a week crawl.

exactly search function never works for me. i can type in machida, elusive, and technical in the heavyweights forum and nothing comes up for me.

I do not know why it works for others.

The obvious answer:

Threads about Machida are too elusive for someone of your current technical prowess. The man can't get hit in real life, what makes you think you can do it on the internet? Search "Shammy," "chair," and "Tito" and you'll get 2938423 hits.

Every thread must contain a link to an e-copy of:

Dummies.png

So in other words... you're saying that Depth needs to stop making threads altogether.

LOL zing

No offense intended, but why aren't these rules being enforced more strictly? In particular, rules 1 and 2 seem to be broken in nearly every thread in the WR. There are several posters here who are clearly trolls who never have anything new to say, just regurgitated partisan b.s. every time they post. There are interesting threads here from time to time, which is what keeps me coming back, but when you have certain posters (whom I don't feel the need to name, you ALL know who they are by now) who just repeat the same partisan talking points, regardless of the topic at hand, it brings the level of the entire discussion down.

You forgot:

8.) All threads must be suitably pessimistic, miserable and aggresive.

Obviously an oversight.

From this point on, the War Room will be modded just like any other forum.

The mild flaming exception is gone and from this point on, xenophobic remarks, flaming another poster, racism of any kind and trolling will be dealt with just like every other forum.

If you can't find a way to discuss politics or what have you without engaging in the above, I'd advise you to post elsewhere.

This forum has turned into a mess as of late and it's either this, or get rid of it all together.

Feel free to brush up on the forum rules if there are any questions

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

Thanks

I'm finished with the war room for awhile. I think it will be especially dangerous for a few weeks while the mods are initially interpreting and enforcing the new rules.

I'm finished with the war room for awhile. I think it will be especially dangerous for a few weeks while the mods are initially interpreting and enforcing the new rules.

it's not really 'new rules', it's the rules of the other subforums, which we have been enforcing for some time. more likely it is the war room posters that need to readjust and worry about growing pains.

Honestly, this rule change is probably for the best. Very few people here are interested in spirited debate, honest discourse. It's mostly partisan hackery, and intentionally misquoting and distoring the views of others.

About time for the rule enforcement here in the Warroom. I keep up with politics as a hobby and wanted to participate in the threads here, but quickly discovered that many here are just interested in hearing their own opinions enforced while flaming others with opposing viewpoints. Many had hundreds of posts per month in this forum, which I can only imagine, for them, is a form of....

...well... I'd better not risk it. Hate to be banned a few days before getting off dubbs, and the set I currently have is because I forgot how sensitive some mods can be.

Anyway, happy to hear that the Warroom is now a place that encourages intelligent conversation and debate.

Not really, wasn't "mild flaming" part of the War Room rules? Tachy updated the original rules from Drunken Meat Fist.

it's not really 'new rules', it's the rules of the other subforums, which we have been enforcing for some time. more likely it is the war room posters that need to readjust and worry about growing pains.

My thanks to the staff.

It has been impossible to have a reasonable discussion around here for a long, long time.

Joking around is one thing, but a lot of posters are all about stirring up trouble.

My thanks to the staff.

It has been impossible to have a reasonable discussion around here for a long, long time.

Joking around is one thing, but a lot of posters are all about stirring up trouble.

How is changing the mild flaming rule going to make discussions more reasonable? The discussion in other forums are hardly reasonable and the mods enforce the no flaming rules.

The rule enforcement will result in polite unreasonable discussion and more bans with some informative insights thrown in. I don't see how modifying rules will turn the war room into the epitome of intelligent discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, wasn't "mild flaming" part of the War Room rules? Tachy updated the original rules from Drunken Meat Fist.
no, you misunderstand me. I said these are the rules the moderators use in the other forums, therefore we are familiar w/ them and know how to enforce them. So they are not 'new' to us or the forum as a whole, rather only 'new' to the War Room.

Don't see the big deal. I've never had a problem debating with people in here without the use of racism, flaming, etc. You can still have fun with people and stay within the rules. Be creative people.

I don't see how modifying rules will turn the war room into the epitome of intelligent discussion.

The intent isn't to try and improve the collective IQ of the WR, it would be ridiculous to assume that was possible by any method. It's more intended to inform members that we'll be enforcing punishment on those who consistently exhibit a subpar one, either intentionally or otherwise.

FYI, the epitome of intelligent discussion can currently be found only in The Mayberry. It's a rule.

One of our goals is to have posting in Mayberry actually contribute to discussion. In the spirit of the Mayberry masthead's promise of "intelligent discussion," we would like to see posters who come into Mayberry do so with the intention of furthering discussions on various topics rather than posting frivolous garbage that only stalls or, at worst, tanks a thread. Empty Posting also refers to hijacking threads in order to conduct personal chats with another member or members while a legitimate discussion is going on around you. Take that to PMs.

Back