thoughts on the Horiguchi vs Tenshin decision?

SKITZADACTYL

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
finally got around to watching it and i thought horiguchi deserved the nod.

1st round was pretty close but i thought horiguchi edged it with the big left hook and straight he landed.

2nd was clearly horiguchi's, those 2 nut kicks were pretty fuckin bad, but kyoji landed the way better shots especially in the first half of the round, looked to knock tenshin off balance too at the end of the round.

3rd round i'd give to tenshin, he really came for it in the last round and was landing some pretty wild stuff.

now i don't watch much kickboxing so i'm not as good at scoring as i am for MMA or boxing, but imo horiguchi deserved the decision.

anyways, horiguchi is one of my favourites, dude is such a fuckin beast and it sucks that he's not in the UFC but i'm glad he's cleaning up in RIZIN, and i'm glad this " loss " won't go on his MMA record.

close match, i was ok with the decision, expected tenshin to win after the final round. Horiguchi clearly won the 2nd, 1st was close and I believe the Tenshin won the 3rd with aggression. pacing is different than horiguchi is used to with shorter rounds. I could see Horiguchi winning a rematch if he adjusts by learning when to be more aggressive to cap off rounds.

one of the best fights ive seen this year

close match, i was ok with the decision, expected tenshin to win after the final round. Horiguchi clearly won the 2nd, 1st was close and I believe the Tenshin won the 3rd with aggression. pacing is different than horiguchi is used to with shorter rounds. I could see Horiguchi winning a rematch if he adjusts by learning when to be more aggressive to cap off rounds.

one of the best fights ive seen this year
yeah it definitely came down to the 1st round, and like i said i thought horiguchi edged it with the left hook to right straight he landed.

It all really came down to the 1st round. 2 and 3 were clear.

A lot of us in real time thought that one round was close, one round was Horiguchi, and Tenshin definitely won the final round bc he turned it on in the last minute of the fight. It seemed like Horiguchi was seriously about to win that fight, but that maybe Tenshin was holding back for almost the entire fight as well.

Either way, it was a great fight. I don't think anyone expected that Horiguchi would look as good as he did against the superstar kickboxer.

A lot of us in real time thought that one round was close, one round was Horiguchi, and Tenshin definitely won the final round bc he turned it on in the last minute of the fight. It seemed like Horiguchi was seriously about to win that fight, but that maybe Tenshin was holding back for almost the entire fight as well.

Either way, it was a great fight. I don't think anyone expected that Horiguchi would look as good as he did against the superstar kickboxer.
it's a shame 1 of the 3 best (imo) flyweights in the world isn't in the UFC, the other 2 obviously being MM and cejudo.

could horiguchi beat MM or cejudo now? i don't know but i'd love to see it because i think he has a good shot and for all we know he could be the best flyweight in the world right now.

it's a shame 1 of the 3 best (imo) flyweights in the world isn't in the UFC, the other 2 obviously being MM and cejudo.

could horiguchi beat MM or cejudo now? i don't know but i'd love to see it because i think he has a good shot and for all we know he could be the best flyweight in the world right now.
I think MM has a legit chance of leaving and fighting elsewhere. Although Hume is with ONE now, he also has a long history in Japan, as does MM's teammate Bibi. Wouldn't be a stretch that MM ends up in RIZIN for a fight with Horiguchi at some point. If he decided to leave the UFC, you just know that RIZIN would throw the money his way for that fight...

Back