Thoughts on Peter Jackson's King Kong?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Recently watched Peter Jacksons King Kong for the first time since seeing it originally in the theaters.

I liked it. One of those movies that started slow but once they got into the island, it was full speed with natives, giant bugs, dinosaurs, and of course Kong.

Told the story very well. I thought Kong was done well, they made the viewer care that Kong had died at the end even though you knew it was gonna happen.

Ill go 7 out of 10. Two issues here . One is casting ( I like Jack Black but not in this role as well as a few other discrepancies ). My other issue is it was soooo long. almost four hours. The story was great but I think there were a few scenes that could have been cut out at the beginning and the story would have still been able to be told.

Otherwise thought it was a very good movie and the best King Kong movie since the original. In my opinion it was light years better than the one that just came out.

Highlights:
Kong fighting the dino's
The scary natives ( done very well)
The giant bug scene was creepy
The scenes where Kong and Anne were developing a relationship
The visuals were fantastic

Last edited:
My thoughts are that shit was long and boring. 4/10 at best. Saw it once when it first came out, and can't imagine ever sitting through it again.

I liked it too. I like the scene when they are either falling down side of mountain or some rapids, and all the elephants are falling too. I have not seen in a while.

It's an abysmal piece of shit.

I liked it too. I like the scene when they are either falling down side of mountain or some rapids, and all the elephants are falling too. I have not seen in a while.

That was the corniest part.

Back