Those shots that Diaz took would've put everyone in the FW division to sleep!

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And Dos Anjos too. Conor is right, the weight made a huge difference, the power doesn't carry much when u move up in weight, plus Diaz being a heavier guy can take those shots.

The guy went up 25 pounds! 170 for crying out loud. Give the man his dues. Nobody has the balls to do that.
Nobody got exposed, no hype train got derailed. Just simply, 170 is too much.

It's sad that people go Over the top when someone big loses. Just like when Ronda lost. And now look, Ronda will be champ again and would most likely beat Holly in a rematch.
Same with Conor, he'll beat Aldo or Edgar by KO as they won't be able to take his power. Then he'll win the Lightweight belt and this fight will be forgotten about.

170 is the weight he'd step into the cage at if he fought at LW. Last night we saw what happens if Conor fought a top LW. Agreed he'll likely still starch 145ers but I think most of the top LWs would be able to take his shots.

The problem is, it wouldn't have to the guys at 155.

You know, since Nate is a 155'er.

That's nice.

If RDA ever got on top of McGregor he would've either GNP'd him into hot red irish goo or subbed him within a minute.

I just don't understand how WEIGHT is the factor that prevented Diaz from being KOd.

That makes no sense.

Hmmmm, Know your role.....and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

According to McGregor, "The featherweights, they hit like flyweights." So he must therefore hit like what Featherweight is supposed to hit like.

Many fighters do not have to take those hits, they're simply not as willing to take those shots as Diaz is.

And Dos Anjos too. Conor is right, the weight made a huge difference, the power doesn't carry much when u move up in weight, plus Diaz being a heavier guy can take those shots.

The guy went up 25 pounds! 170 for crying out loud. Give the man his dues. Nobody has the balls to do that.

It's sad that people go Over the top when someone big loses. Just like when Ronda lost. And now look, Ronda will be champ again and would most likely beat Holly in a rematch.
Same with Conor, he'll beat Aldo or Edgar by KO as they won't be able to take his power. Then he'll win the Lightweight belt and this fight will be forgotten about.

Dude...just...just stop. Your boy was the one who made the claim weight classes don't matter. He and Nate were the same weight at fight time. There was no significant size advantage. The difference is One Punch McG couldn't One Punch Diaz and Diaz starched him.

Krazy Horse KO'd a prime Wanderlei. Are we all in agreement that Krazy Horse had more power than McGregor? I certainly believe so.

Conor hit Diaz with everything he had. Nate's chin is pretty damn solid, it's a Diaz thing.

He can't fight Frankie or RDA like he did Diaz. He'd have been taken down and TKO'd or subbed sooner.

Krazy Horse KO'd a prime Wanderlei. Are we all in agreement that Krazy Horse had more power than McGregor? I certainly believe so.
I still don't know what to think of that story. I would fully agree that Krazy Horse has more power though, Guillard too.

*I would be surprised if he can hit Edgar that hard from his back.

Weight doesn't play that big a factor in someone's ability to take a punch, IMO. Nate's chin is more the product of having trained with top boxers for many years and his nervous system being conditioned to take those shots/minimize their effect.

i

still convinced Aldo can take those shots as long as his feet are planted and hes not lunging into punches.
mendes took allot of left hands before conor hit him at an angle while mendes was gassed breathing for air.

Diaz rolled with punches excellently vs McGregor. Because he is a good boxer.

How many times has Frankie been KO'd? Answer: zero. Yes, I'm convinced that every FW would be KO'd by McGregor.

/sigh

Back