This weight-cut madness has to STOP

Rondas face is always sucked in at weigh ins, much more than Connors...

Are you challenged?

People accidentally get into accidents that claim their lives.

They don't deliberately get into car smashes that can claim the use of their limbs.

Weight cutting is a deliberate, drawn out process.

No, I'm not challenged.

People get into cars knowing there is an associated risk with the journey, death may feature but hopefully not. In the vast majority of cases, it doesn't.
Fighters do weight cuts knowing there is an associated risk with the journey, death may feature but hopefully not. In the vast majority of cases, it doesn't.

Death in both scenarios is accidental, not deliberate.

Feijao Souza? So you're picking someone that used a banned substance as your case in point?
Back to my car crash analogy. If someone is going 50mph over the designated speed limit and crashes, I'm not going to blame the local councils roads. Maybe they should have left their house earlier.

A couple of fighters cut weight without the need to rehydrate, what is your point? The vast, vast majority cut weight. Of the hundreds and thousands of fighters that have weighed in and fought over the last X amount of years, the only person you could name who died was one who took a banned (for a reason) substance.

You're analogy still sucks. There actually are speed limits. There are no limits on weight cutting. Do you want me to list all the deaths in amateur wrestling from weight cutting?

The IV ban is just stupid, either take real measures to stop weight cutting or allow guys to rehydrate in the best way possible. Now guys will just cut weight and rehydrate less effectively.

No, I'm not challenged.

People get into cars knowing there is an associated risk with the journey, death may feature but hopefully not. In the vast majority of cases, it doesn't.
Fighters do weight cuts knowing there is an associated risk with the journey, death may feature but hopefully not. In the vast majority of cases, it doesn't.

Death in both scenarios is accidental, not deliberate.

You're confusing accidental and negligent.

No, I'm not challenged.

Death associated with use of car: Accidental.
Just like knowing you could be struck by lightning if you're walking to the mall. There is nothing innately dangerous about driving a car, if everyone sticks to the speed limits, inside their lanes, indicates, etc..

Death associated when subjecting yourself to weight cutting: Deliberate and negligent.
Just like someone walking on a tightrope with no harness, 300ft up in the air.
There is something innately dangerous when deliberately removing electrolytes from your body that are used to communicate with your vital organs. There is no right way to do this as you are playing a balancing act between survival and organ failure.

Amateur wrestling has the concept of a minimum wrestling weight.

https://www.uiltexas.org/wrestling/page/wrestling-minimum-weight-certification-program-information

Weight cutting can be reined in, even if it can't be reasonably stopped completely, it just takes effort. A hydration test on the scale is no brainer, IMO.

There is no doubt it can be reined in, and something that they need to do. Absurdity, safety, take your pick.

I was just saying its a tricky issue. Worldwide fighters as an example I assume would have a large cost with the "minimum wrestling weight", a cost that the UFC would just shift onto the fighters.

He's gonna move up anyway for that LW belt after he KO's Aldo.

Driving is not necessary.

Lol ok. Maybe for you. But not for most people where I live. There's a reason anytime you look at a road or interstate it's completely packed with cars.

You're analogy still sucks. There actually are speed limits. There are no limits on weight cutting. Do you want me to list all the deaths in amateur wrestling from weight cutting?

No thanks, I have no need for stats from amateur associations.

Again, you brought me someone who was on a banned substance. Please respond to that.

Very weak analogy. There is nothing accidental about sucking the electrolytes out of your body over the course of a few days to the point where your brain doesn't know how to communicate with your heart anymore: all because you don't want to fight at your natural weight.

Fine.

There's nothing accidental about stuffing your face with cheeseburgers every day until your blood can't move through your arteries anymore, all because you don't want to follow your natural diet. Ban cheeseburgers

^beat that

Find another way to match up opponents that won't be exploited and we can discuss it

Lol ok. Maybe for you. But not for most people where I live. There's a reason anytime you look at a road or interstate it's completely packed with cars.

Do you ever see people on bicycles?

If driving is necessary, what did people so before cars were invented? How did guns ity survive? Driving is a luxury, not a necessity.

Just do regular weigh ins then do unofficial weigh ins when fighters are in their locker rooms.

Post their actual weight in the tale of the tape so the big weight cutters can be shamed.

If Connie wants to get early onset oldtimers, thats his choice. They should make them do do the DUI tests after weigh ins just for laughs.

Fine.

There's nothing accidental about stuffing your face with cheeseburgers every day until your blood can't move through your arteries anymore, all because you don't want to follow your natural diet. Ban cheeseburgers

^beat that

Find another way to match up opponents that won't be exploited and we can discuss it

Thanks! People needed to get pedantic as they had no real substance behind their argurment.

Ps. Likely you'll get 'calorie control' thrown at you.

Do you ever see people on bicycles?

If driving is necessary, what did people so before cars were invented? How did guns ity survive? Driving is a luxury, not a necessity.

You live in Ireland dude. Ever been to TX? You can drive for 9 hours and still be in TX.

Sure. Driving is necessary. Cutting weight is not.

The only reason driving would be a necessity is for getting to work.

Cutting weight is part of being successful fighting in the UFC, their job.

No thanks, I have no need for stats from amateur associations.

Again, you brought me someone who was on a banned substance. Please respond to that.

He died from being dehydration induced stroke. Do you think it matters whether that occurred in a saunas or from taking lasix. The cause was that he was dehydrated? Do you know why there haven't been any recent deaths in amateur wrestling from dehydration? None. Do you know why? Because they regulated it so that it actually is done in a professional and medically supervised way. Unlike MMA. Before they related it 3 wrestlers died in 1 month.

Back