This weekend could be the official end of a generation. Should be last fight for Fedor, Wand, and BJ

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
It seems like they have been done a while, I guess, because the best versions of them have been gone for quite a while. But these are 3 legends of the sport that have been at the top, and been fan favorites for 15+ years.

I bought a ROTR ppv to see Penn. I ordered Pride ppvs a month in advance waiting for Fedor fights in Pride. Wand was right there with Chuck as the best 205r when that division was a huge part of the sport.

This weekend right here is the last gasp of Pride (sorry Werdum, u count too) and the early days of the UFC.

It very well could be and probably should be. Being a long time BJ Penn fan it's been hard watching his recent fights. I was hoping he had walked away five yrs ago. I want to see him win tonight but not if it's going to spur him to continue fighting. These guys just are not going to recapture what they once had.

Too bad it won't be.

Fedor will fight Chael
BJ will fight Lobov or someone
Wand will fight Vitor or someone similar.

it certainly seems to be the end

Hell, Chael claimed that if Wanderlei didn't fight, Bellator's actual plan B was to bring in Randy. I guess the drives that make Greats great are not diminished by defeats and decline and age.

Fedor should not fight chael

Wand should not fight Vitor

BJ should not fight anybody in the top 30 in the ufc

They should all be done, and the page on their great stories turned.

No chance this is their last fights as they will continue to bank and make a ton of money fighting.

At least Fedor and Wanderlei can bank in. BJ can't as he won't make as much fighting in the UFC as they will fighting in Bellator.

Fedor should not fight chael

Wand should not fight Vitor

BJ should not fight anybody in the top 30 in the ufc

They should all be done, and the page on their great stories turned.
But most fighters just can't stop. They want to chase that win. They want to compete.

If the commission let's them they will continue. It's sad but that's what they want to do.

It was an awesome run full of great fights. I just don't see that many newer guys able to fill their shoes.

Sure the new guys are good fighters, but a lot of these older guys just had the IT factor and you don't see that much now.

I mean you're calling for others to quit their jobs to protect their legacies, so you can certainly quit your hobby to protect your image of the legacy instead. Would be much simpler for you to quit following mma and quit posting on sherdog and keep your 15+ years of fond memories.

I mean you're calling for others to quit their jobs to protect their legacies, so you can certainly quit your hobby to protect your image of the legacy instead. Would be much simpler for you to quit following mma and quit posting on sherdog and keep your 15+ years of fond memories.

Um, pretty sure they are done, bro.

BJ won't let you down this time. I guarantee you

Fedor has no business fighting anyone. Chaels skill set can get him more fights. Wandy, looked like an old man with no muscle.....

And that's a good thing. You never want to be a lifer in MMA, man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back