This is why Vitor Belfort is the GOAT

Vitor was a steroid user but so were like 50% of the guys hes fought so whatever.

Exactly my point. His whole thread claims Vitor is the GOAT, and then someone said "TRT Vitor was the GOAT".

Nah, not even close.

Trt Vitor is the Goat TRT fighter. Nobody has been as vicious as him on TRT. That man was a different kind of beast.

Obviously Jones is the overall Goat fighter. Everybody else is below him.

He lost most of these fights though. And he would have lost almost all of them had he not abused TRT.

He is a true legend and a pioneer. Similar to Hendo.

Great line of opponents. Very important MMA personalities. But not GOAT candidates.

Wasn't there just a popular thread about this exact same thing? Everybody knows that Vitor has faced maybe the toughest competition in UFC history. I can't think of a big name fighter of the last 2 decades at LHW or MW that he hasn't fought., other than a couple like Shogun and Rampage. I can't think of a single Vitor fight before or after that weird period he was fighting in Cage Rage that wasn't incredibly intriguing. He might not be the biggest draw in MMA, but he's definitely been the most consistent.

Evans, Gus, Glover, Bader, Romero, Machida, Machida. I get the point you're making though, just nitpicking.

771918052_zps9b2f7104.gif
Uncrowned champ.

Wasn't there just a popular thread about this exact same thing? Everybody knows that Vitor has faced maybe the toughest competition in UFC history. I can't think of a big name fighter of the last 2 decades at LHW or MW that he hasn't fought., other than a couple like Shogun and Rampage. I can't think of a single Vitor fight before or after that weird period he was fighting in Cage Rage that wasn't incredibly intriguing. He might not be the biggest draw in MMA, but he's definitely been the most consistent.
His resume is good but not as epic as dan hendersons

Dude just STFU. Jones has been busted too. Good that he beat Vitor, he's better we know that. Stop being annoying.
I think you're just sucking off roided Vitor too much, plain and simple.

The guy was on roids his whole career, let's not pretend that TRT Vitor was the first era that he was on the juice.

He became famous by beating up fat, bar-fighters like Abbott and Ferrozzo, then he ran into real fighters and came up short again and again. MMA media suck him off so hard, acting like his run at Heavyweight was legit. He has a few decent wins like Yvel, Herring etc. but he was a flop every single time it came to the big fight. The guy failed for PEDs in the middle of his career and everyone ignored it like that never happened.

His first elite level win was over Luke Rockhold, and that is a fact. Rich Franklin was on the downside and was well out of his prime, Michael Bisping was another bridesmaid but never the bride type of fighter and the win over Randy was pretty bogus and was wiped clean 3 months later when he made Vitor quit.

Vitor's career has the biggest asterisk I've ever seen on an MMA career.

His resume is good but not as epic as dan hendersons
His resume is pretty darn shit in my opinion.

Other than him taking Ivan Drago levels of PEDs, his best wins to date were Franklin, Couture (bogus win) and Herring.

Mind is blown, what a resume!

His resume is pretty darn shit in my opinion.

Other than him taking Ivan Drago levels of PEDs, his best wins to date were Franklin, Couture (bogus win) and Herring.

Mind is blown, what a resume!
When i meant resume i meant entire level of competition he has faced not just wins. But yeah win wise not the best just faced absolute killers throughout

It's worth to note for sure. Saku's one of the greatest for this reason, as is Penn. Fight them all, bigger or similar sized.

This is why vitor is lame. jesus lover and preacher. then goes on to cheat constantly in his career.
would love to have seen his career minus the peds. He would still have been impressive imo.
Pisses me off when a guy beats the living crap out of the other guy and then goes on to thank god. Yeah sure, god doesn't have anything else to worry about but a god damm fight. Fuck starving and misery, what god wants is you to punch someone else in the face cuz he loves you more and hates the other guy

If your guy has popped once he gets an asterisk but if he's popped multiple times don't even bother.

If more than 5 of his opponents get popped, remove the asterisk, all was fair and equal.

Back