This is why fighters play it safe towards the end

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TomTomNT, Nov 10, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

1. TomTomNT

TomTomNT Purple Belt

Cuz when you are winning the fight arguably 4-1 and try to bum rush a guy at the end for the fans or just because to look like you are trying to make something happen, and get Ko'ed like that.... I bet there were some fighters who said "fuck this, il just run in a circle the last 15 seconds".

First black beast lucky Ko, now this, hopefully, people dont go too overboard with Yair and giving him something as silly as a title shot, dont want him getting embarrassed like black beast out there.

Yashabo and FireKidWS like this.
  2. linvillegorge

linvillegorge Red Belt

I honestly have no idea who was winning that fight. I would've been absolutely fine if it had been ruled a draw.

3. mallen7272

mallen7272 Blue Belt

Looking at the replay when Yair put his hands up and held them, that KZ thought the fight was over and completely threw off the pace of the fight.

Area809 likes this.
  4. Killhippies

Killhippies Orange Belt

Possibly, but you go until the ref stops it. He has plenty of experience so he has no excuse.

Area809 likes this.
  5. Bearknuckle

Bearknuckle Purple Belt

Notice how they raised their hands like “lets brawl”. And the yair throws 2 strikes then backs up and counters. Thats how u bait.

In the end, the person at fault is KZ. He played up his brawling til the end crap and cost him a fight. He was being stupid and it cost him. No one else to blame.

SteveColdStone and Area809 like this.
  6. TripAtTheBrain

TripAtTheBrain Mentally Incompetent

Dumbest/Greatest moment in MMA this year.

Area809 likes this.
  7. FreddieRoachsVoice

FreddieRoachsVoice Blue Belt

Amazing how people overreact to every little thing. "First the Black Beast KO and now this." Are you actually disappointed that two amazing KOs happened? Flukey or not, they were entertaining which is what watching fighting is all about. You sound joyless and bitter

8. Char Jawz

Char Jawz Transparent Belt

KZ didn't lose much stock with that performance. Yair is definitely ready for Zabit now.

9. JoshTehV

JoshTehV Orange Belt

That's pretty much his entire style; ever watch Leonard Garcia fight?

10. drbolony

drbolony Blessed Era

I had it 3-2 before the finish. KZ wasn't dominating by any stretch. But he was winning comfortably. There was no need to get wreckless.

11. podsox

podsox Silver Belt

Zombie had the fight won on the judges scorecards whether he won the 5th or not

Yashabo likes this.
  12. frederick

frederick Black Belt

I didn't like that either, I mean do it once but not three times. KZ felt obliged to reciprocate cuz he's polite.

13. RockyLockridge

RockyLockridge Red Belt

They aren't going to that far, but they could definately throw it in the top 5 or make the zabit fight.

14. YellowBanenoo

YellowBanenoo Black Belt

And for fuck sake, stop being huggy buddy when there is only a min left in the fight.

TomTomNT likes this.
  15. TomTomNT

TomTomNT Purple Belt

Did anyone say they were disappointed? Otherwise dont plug random troll shit just to stir the topic, black beast got 100% lucky as he was losing that fight 99% and if his opponent wanted to play it safe he could have gotten the title shot vs DC, same thing here, Yair got super lucky finish on a guy who did not want to play it safe and got finished, a fight he was winning and was going to win if not for that 1 second....

Im sure there are plenty of top tier fighters looking at this and saying "well if im up multiple rounds or i know im winning the fight clearly, no reason to rush at a guy trying to make something happen, thats for my opponent thats losing"

16. FreddieRoachsVoice

FreddieRoachsVoice Blue Belt

You made 2 posts littered with complaints, comments about fighters "getting lucky", and said that you hope that other fighters don't produce incredible last minute comebacks as well in the future... and you don't think you're disappointed? Hold on a minute while I click 'Ignore' on you so I'll be sure to miss your next optimistic thread :rolleyes:

17. linvillegorge

linvillegorge Red Belt

We know that now, but I don't think either fighter was 100% comfortable with that going to the cards. It was a close fight.