This is Tony's moment to be a star

Whether you like it or not... if you consider the wider spectrum (i.e. casuals, semi-casuals etc)... Nate Diaz is more of a draw than the most names on the UFC roster.

Not saying he is top of the list, but with the notoriety gained during the McG episode he's certainly up there.
If he is at the top its only because the ufc has one star

Lets be brutally honest here. A tony-diaz ppv fight maybe draws 350k....and im being generous

Tony needs to take out ads online calling Conor a bitch coward that wont fight him. Make Conor look bad

If he is at the top its only because the ufc has one star

Lets be brutally honest here. A tony-diaz ppv fight maybe draws 350k....and im being generous

Yeah that's what I'm saying (I think we're on the same page?) Nate Diaz holds a very large draw especially amongst casuals simply because of his assocation (and supposed "rivalry") with Conor McGregor. I had people I work with genuinely say to me "Oh yeah that Nate Diaz wasn't very well known before the McGregor fight" And I'm like "What the fuck? Are you serious? You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so why don't you just fuckin zip your pie hole you stupid butt-fucking moron."

You get the gist...

Whatever your opinion on it, you have to admit it's very interesting the way Conor McGregor's hype & personality have totally hijacked the UFC. In my opinion after years and years of watching MMA grow as a sport, he's certainly the first fighter I would consider to be actually bigger than the UFC itself. Let's face it, if Conor decided he wanted to go to Bellator for whatever strange reason, Bellator viewing ratings would go through the roof. Easily surpass any competing UFC events. The UFC have created a monster in Conor (or Conor created his own monster, depends how you look at it). Either way, anything McGregor touches right now turns to gold. And despite already holding a long and well-regarded career, Nate Diaz has certainly benefited hugely in recent times from his association with McGoat. In fact I think it would be fair to say that despite his impressive defeat of Michael Johnson (which I don't take anything away from), if it wasn't for the Conor saga, Nate's name wouldn't be mentioned even at 155 championship level... let alone 170 for goodness sake. It's madness.

Having said all that, I ultimately agree with you that the appeal/draw of a Tony-Diaz fight would be minimal... but my point is that Diaz would be the one holding up the ratings not Tony. However unfortunate or illogical you may find it.

Last edited:
Back