This choke works 100% of the time

ThePainFactory

I train Ninjas
@Blue
Reaction score
I've seen this choke shown a few different ways but never with this exact setup. It is a super effective choke. Enjoy and feedback ( good bad and ugly) is always welcome.

60% of the time it works a 100% of the time

So it works 100 percent of the time once it's locked in fully, and they guy is not really defending?

Actually good. I do that but don't slide my hand to my bicep. Key is to not let his head all the way through.

Good stuff. I will try that finish in class Thursday

Is this almost like the front naked choke?

That's pretty much it. You keep your opponents head in the same position as with a guillotine ( off to the side ) and get a RNC grip. The set up is pretty smooth if you practice it well. The trick is keeping you hand on the back of the neck and getting the elbow flare down were you can lock it up without turning loose with the hand on the back of the neck.

So it works 100 percent of the time once it's locked in fully, and they guy is not really defending?

Actually good. I do that but don't slide my hand to my bicep. Key is to not let his head all the way through.

Good stuff. I will try that finish in class Thursday

Once it's locked in, your arm under the chin and the hand on the bicep work well to keep the head locked in. You have a crazy amount of power there.

Like any choke of it isn't locked in it isn't going to work.

You just have to have a perfect clinch put the head down for a guillotine and then, because there's no arms defending on the way you can close the submission.

This situation happens all the time

It's interesting because I learned that varation of a guillotine from one of my karate teachers in probably... 1996? I have no idea where he learned it. I always thought if jt as a guillotine until I started hearing it called ninja choke when jds tried it against Cain in their last fight

Once it's locked in, your arm under the chin and the hand on the bicep work well to keep the head locked in. You have a crazy amount of power there.

Like any choke of it isn't locked in it isn't going to work.
well, i guess like any good choke, they work 100% of the time in that context too.

well, i guess like any good choke, they work 100% of the time in that context too.

I've seen RNCs, guillotines, North/Souths etc.. set in pretty deep and people still work themselves out. I guess you could argue they wasn't really set in.

Once this choke is set in there isn't anything to attack (such as a hand) to try and work out an escape.

I can't recall the place who did the study but years ago rear vascular restrains were studied and the result was not all people was rendered unconscious by them. It was a much larger percentage of the population than I expected. I'll try to search the study out.

Last edited:
If you can get your back flat to the mat, it works 0% of the time

I've seen RNCs, guillotines, North/Souths etc.. set in pretty deep and people still work themselves out. I guess you could argue they wasn't really set in.

Once this choke is set in there isn't anything to attack (such as a hand) to try and work out an escape.

I can't recall the place who did the study but years ago rear vascular restrains were studied and the result was not all people was rendered unconscious by them. It was a much larger percentage of the population than I expected. I'll try to search the study out.

that would depend on the person applying the choke and whos the recivieving one.

there are some tough ass mother fuckers outhere, but I am 100% sure no one is going to neck out of a fully locked RNC performed by anyone competent in the choke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back