this book is amazing

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
20170718_134025.jpg

So many throws that fit my game that aren't in modern judo and some really amazing subs (including footlocks from some odd positions).

I've now tapped several people with this:

20170718_134042.jpg

And it combines perfectly with a weird Larry Hartsell sub when they fight it.

I like that. Reverse key lock. I actually learned that from a kid when he was about 12 and I was already a grown ass man (it was more from a failed.armbar than from side control). He got his purple belt from Relson when he turned 16 and was later a scholarship wrestler at Indiana. Got his bb at 22. I love stiff like that. "Rare" but fundamentally solid.

20170718_134025.jpg

So many throws that fit my game that aren't in modern judo and some really amazing subs (including footlocks from some odd positions).

I've now tapped several people with this:

20170718_134042.jpg

And it combines perfectly with a weird Larry Hartsell sub when they fight it.
Going to order this from amazon tonight.

Im currently reading the jiu jitsu university book. I have had it for about three years and never read it.
Im a mid level blue belt and wish I would have gone through it long ago.

How much was your book?

Im currently reading the jiu jitsu university book. I have had it for about three years and never read it.
Im a mid level blue belt and wish I would have gone through it long ago.

How much was your book?

$35 at an upscale used bookstore. The guy who sold it would be shitting if he knew i was reading it and training with it. It was the kind of book store that only had as many books as they could show off, laid out like comic books. I just looked it up, it's a 1961 reprinting of the 1915 original.

Anyways, University is a much, much better book for beginners. I've spent several long moments staring at this book, trying to figure out what i was looking at and how to apply it to my game.

35 not bad.

What belt level are you dredd?

$35 at an upscale used bookstore. The guy who sold it would be shitting if he knew i was reading it and training with it. It was the kind of book store that only had as many books as they could show off, laid out like comic books. I just looked it up, it's a 1961 reprinting of the 1915 original.

Anyways, University is a much, much better book for beginners. I've spent several long moments staring at this book, trying to figure out what i was looking at and how to apply it to my game.

Thanks, ordered one for myself.

I am well familiar with reverse keylock, but this picture got me into thinking that I can use it as a continuation for a failed paper cutter choke. Went over that with my coach today, worked great.

Thanks, ordered one for myself.

I am well familiar with reverse keylock, but this picture got me into thinking that I can use it as a continuation for a failed paper cutter choke. Went over that with my coach today, worked great.

That sounds great. Can you give any info about how you strung them together?

LOL, That JJJ stuff is crap....

If it doesn't come from Brazil it doesn't work....

Just kidding!

This KJJ guy's been my hero for years!

A great Ne Waza practitioner in his time!

Just ordered it. I was told when I got my 4th stripe on my purple belt last week that between now and my brown belt they want to see me branch out and develop new aspects to my game. This may be a good springboard for some valuable experimentation

So many throws that fit my game that aren't in modern judo
I've read in a few different places that Higashi was a Koryu guy who put Kano's name on the book for marketing reasons, so not super surprising if his style is not very Judo-y.

That sounds great. Can you give any info about how you strung them together?
Damn, it felt so natural that I cannot explain it. I'll work on it again and try to memorize the steps.

Back