things not to do in dubai

Why even go there.

lol, i was thinking the same thing. i'd be so afraid of breaking a law, that i don't think i'd have fun if i can't relax a bit. plus, it's so fucking hot, it seems it would be unbearable.

Not a lot of world travelers in this thread, just people who want to go to international versions of their own country.

That list is retarded.

Fuck Dubai. Glass the place and let's move on, shall we?

I have no desire to visit Dubai nor most middle eastern countries outside of say, Iran, which Ive heard is fucking beautiful to backpack around and the everyday people are lovely.

A friend of mine is from Lebanon, he showed me pictures of his village there and it was breathtaking.

Dubai just seems like a fucking materialists paradise. I don't care if I can drink a beer that costs ten times the amount it would elsewhere, in a bar full of millionaires and wannabe millionaires. Who the fuck would I talk to?

Anyone, just anyone, the more different from you, the better. It might not be the most fun but it will expand your perspective.

While I'm sure there's a few nice things to see... it really seems like you'd have to be extremely rich to get the full experience there. Not a place for your average Joe.

What a ridiculous joke. Welcome to the world of Islam and so-called moderate Islam. What would be on the hotel televisions in Dubai? A world of no-fun even in its opulence.

I turn on "let the Q'uran speak" occasionally just to see some chance common sense and a reason to think Islam isn't the most messed up ideology on the planet. So again, yesterday I turn on the program and the "moderate" imam out of Toronto is saying how if the smell of wine is on a man's beard that could be circumstantial evidence to convict him of illegally drinking wine (illegal in Islam). What an effing joke. Sickening really. This religion is alllll about makings everyone's lives as difficult and miserable as possible with everything revolving around dos and donts. No freedom of expression and enjoyment. No ease of mind.

Another example. Beach-going, swimming, sun-bathing, water-sports - this has always been a huge part of my life and supreme enjoyment. Water-life. What does Islam do to this?!!!!! Squaaaassshhhhh. It's sickening. They like to go to the beach near where I live (still in small numbers fortunately) . . . Women fully clothed from head to toe, the men more casually but no one freaking swims - except some small boys now and again (so it's treated like it's some childish activity). You know they're judging all the girls in bikinis and the "lasciviousness."

Good-bye California living if Islam ever grew to the level the cultists want! No wineries, no populated beaches and surfing in general enjoyment without stress

Dubai? Screw Dubai. There are beaches there - mostly empty. Peace on earth from Islam = lifelessness and no reason to live. Seriously. This disease of an ideology is a greater threat to the planet than cancer and Ebola and anything else times 100.

Last edited:
Pretty much fuck going anywhere in the middle east. Maybe Lebanon, Israel, or Kurdish territory but fuck anywhere else.

I'am a professional musician and have done several contracts in Dubai over the years, most of what you said is on point, very sky-is-blue shit.

Mind you i worked in nightclubs attached to 5 star hotels...lots of booze, dancing, sex, etc. You just need to know where to go. I've worked all over the Middle East (Oman, Qatar, SA, AD, etc), and Dubai is by far the most liberal. I personally had great times, i followed the public rules and partied my ass off.

I don't buy this to some degree. It's not true freedom when you're doing what you're doing skirting the rules more or less. I heard a Muslim defender talking about how some country in the ME things are illegal but stuff is there you just need to go about finding it. Blah. Lame as. You never know if you'll get arrested for something or some zealot/extremist is going to come in and teach the room about the ways of Allah by blowing himself up. Sounds like a party. Again, lame as.

Not a lot of world travelers in this thread, just people who want to go to international versions of their own country.

I've traveled a lot, and I enjoy going to see other countries and experience their cultures. Dubai just doesn't have much draw for me. It's an expensive tourist trap with absurd rules. On a personal level I object to their use of debtor's prisons and use of slave labor.

Back