Thin Lizzy

Luminosity

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of Thin Lizzy fans on Sherdog so lets get a thread going on your favorites.

Cowboy Song is my favorite. Love the chunky sound of the distortion on their guitars.

I could literally only name two of their songs before this thread

Rock & Roll at its finest.How can anyone not like Phil Lynott plus twin Les Pauls?C'mon now!

This would have been something to see:

The Greedies (originally The Greedy Bastards) was a short-lived ad hoc 'supergroup' formed by Thin Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott in 1978 during a quiet spell for his main band. It grew from Lynott's interest in punk and his friendship with members of the Sex Pistols, Damned and Boomtown Rats. The subsequent rotating line-up centered around Lynott, Lizzy members Scott Gorham and Gary Moore, Chris Spedding, and Steve Jones and Paul Cook of the Pistols. This aggregation performed Lizzy, Pistols and even Stevie Wonder covers in four shows around London and three in Ireland.

This is my favourite Phil Lynott shit

Thin Lizzy is my second favorite band behind Metallica and Phil Lynott is my all time favorite songwriter. The one thing I hate about US radio is that they only play Jailbreak, The Boys Are Back In Town and Whiskey In The Jar. As good as those songs are there is a whole slew of material that is way better.

Just check out this version of The Sun Goes Down from their gig at the Regal Theatre Hitchin in 1983. Phil pours his heart and soul out in this song. Also when he says "no, it's not Whiskey in the fucking Jar" shit makes me laugh every single time. The music world lost one of the greatest lyrical poets, front men and bassist ever when Phil departed this earth in 1986.

Back