They found DNA sequence related to intelligence

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Now you don't have to take IQ tests anymore. They can find out your IQ by testing your DNA. They can find out a baby's "G" potential by getting a DNA test.

Not only that, but they can find negative designs in a baby's DNA such as potential for heart disease, cancer or Alzheimer's.

We can soon edit genes to get rid of these as well as give babies high intelligence.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...coming-but-it-might-not-be-smart-to-take-one/

You sound genetically poor

I'm surprised this is possible. There are so many different kinds of intelligence, doesn't seem like something that could be found with a single gene sequence. Like I would think intelligence is more of the different areas working together. Pretty world changing though if it's true.

We can soon edit genes to get rid of these as well as give babies high intelligence.

/

The article said nothing about this. This article was merely about diagnostic testing of individuals, and the eugenic implications of what will happen if said testing became wife spread.

Beyond the scope of this article, the science isn’t really there either, and may never be there if society as a whole rejects the notion of transgenic humans. I’m a little out of the game now, but from 2007-2008 I was doing my Masters in molecular genetics before going to law school. At that time there hadn’t been any attempts to edit the genes of human embryos, and as far as I know that hasn’t changed.

In any event, anyone taking genetic testing is stupid. The companies are just going to turn around and sell your information.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dna-testing-delete-your-data-23andme-ancestry-2018-7

One step closer

71CruJN2sfL._RI_.jpg

Well that explains why I'm so smart

Thanks pleb

The article said nothing about this. This article was merely about diagnostic testing of individuals, and the eugenic implications of what will happen if said testing became wife spread.

Beyond the scope of this article, the science isn’t really there either, and may never be there if society as a whole rejects the notion of transgenic humans. I’m a little out of the game now, but from 2007-2008 I was doing my Masters in molecular genetics before going to law school. At that time there hadn’t been any attempts to edit the genes of human embryos, and as far as I know that hasn’t changed.

In any event, anyone taking genetic testing is stupid. The companies are just going to turn around and sell your information.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dna-testing-delete-your-data-23andme-ancestry-2018-7
That makes more sense.

Now you don't have to take IQ tests anymore. They can find out your IQ by testing your DNA. They can find out a baby's "G" potential by getting a DNA test.

Not only that, but they can find negative designs in a baby's DNA such as potential for heart disease, cancer or Alzheimer's.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...coming-but-it-might-not-be-smart-to-take-one/
I took part in the world's first experiment about that. My DNA was shown to be "stupid DNA", not that the scientist called it that to me, but I could tell by looking at it. Here is my DNA magnified a billion times:

latest

Last edited:
How can you give intelligence to someone through such means? Intelligence depends on state of awareness, state of spiritual consciousness? Yes if you give somehow the consciousness of someone like Nikola Tesla, then yes, baby could have potential for high intelligence, but not through those means. It's bullshit. Intelligence is real spiritual knowledge which is accessed by practice and if baby born out of such man, it's good potential to have raw intelligence because of parents. You cannot raise intelligence just by sorting some DNA, it has to have genes of such person, who has achieved that by practice. Intelligence is something you achieve, it's not given. Only tools to achieve that are given.

Last edited:
As of now, the predictions are not highly accurate. The DNA variations that have been linked to test scores explain less than 10 percent of the intelligence differences

So I guess they haven’t really found it. Like I have said before, it it probably more complicated than just having these specific couple of genes meaning you’re intelligent. It more likely has to do with the genes that control how your brain is built. And the brain is very complex, so i’m sure many different combinations of genes are required, and many different combinations result in a particular level of intelligence. I’m not sure why scientists would assume it would be a binary thing where, if you have these genes, you are intelligent. Maybe though. But they certainly didn’t find much correlation there.

Bold statement cotton... are they still dumb if they are a Jewish couple safeguarding against recessive genetic disorders?!?

I don't get why these sweeping statements are so common and lulz at the eugenic implications

Then go see a genetic counselor for a private test rather than some mail order kit.

What are you talking about?!?

I said it’s dumb to use 23andme. You said what about a Jewish couple with a high risk of passing on a recessive genetic disorder. I said then those people can go to a genetic counselling at a private clinic instead.

Back