These recent cards matchups have been terrible

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What is wrong with WME? They give us cards that are pretty much only good headliners and the rest are generally below prospect ~ prospect.

And don't use that "Oh, if you were a real fight fan you would realize some of these fights are great/wild"

In that case, why not watch all LFA fights? Why not get hyped for every bellator card? Because names matter and if two guys go to war when you know they haven't even faced the elite caliber of top 10 ufc fighters it's just less interesting.

No argument here.

UFC 224 was absolutely embarrassing for a $65 PPV.

Anyone who paid for that is a sucker.

225 & 226 look decent though.

Terrible on paper... but most have turned out watchable. Plus they need to build stars. Also.. the next few PPV are stacked and worth the $65. You are on an MMA site so you must be a fan...

No argument here.

UFC 224 was absolutely embarrassing for a $65 PPV.

Anyone who paid for that is a sucker.

224 is one of the best if not the best card of 2018 so far (except the main event who was a shitty one)

It does seem like the cards are very much thinned out in quality these days.
Guess it’s to be expected when you have so many events.
It wouldn’t be a problem if they still put on decent PPVs and pumped out a lot of sub par free cards but....nope $65 for one good fight and lot of meh.
It’s just luck that sometimes the fights turn out well so the card is ok.

I think the cards have been great since woodley went dorment. I think maia needs to go dorment too.

:)

$65 is a stupid amount to watch an event. Drop that to $30 and 3x as many people buy it. Goes with any music or sporting event, only fools pay that over priced shit.

226 is stacked and 225 looks good too. The womans fight that nobody cared about headlining 224 was dumb, but it was a decent card and Kelvin/Jacare and Machida/Vitor are worthwhile fights.

I totally get why people are complaining about the last couple of events, but if you're not ecstatic about UFC 226, I don't know what UFC could do!

On another note, UFC 224 was a great event. Even though it didn't look that interesting on paper it was way better than anyone could've expected.

That's what I always say to shills.
Donate 65 bucks to LFA/Titan/Invicta/KOTC/AoW/etc if you only watch cards because the fights COULD end up being exciting

UFC should start doing a buy 1 get 1 free deal for these shitty cards to make up for it. The last one was so bad, I was embarrassed to have even illegally streamed it. If I paid money for it, I'd probably drive out to Nevada brandishing protest signs with #thejigisup written on it.

I think their strategy is have a month or two of shit cards then a month or two of good cards so that you are like "well I haven't watched anything in like 2 months definitely gonna buy this".

What is wrong with WME? They give us cards that are pretty much only good headliners and the rest are generally below prospect ~ prospect.

And don't use that "Oh, if you were a real fight fan you would realize some of these fights are great/wild"

In that case, why not watch all LFA fights? Why not get hyped for every bellator card? Because names matter and if two guys go to war when you know they haven't even faced the elite caliber of top 10 ufc fighters it's just less interesting.

Same business model as under Zuffa, but they're desperate to recoup that foolhardy 4billion investment within a lifetime, so it's even more saturated.

UFC is dog shit at the moment. Best fighting the best my ass. Sick of rematches, champs that wont defend and knocking off contenders. The new management and current matchmaking is disgraceful. Also cutting a decent fighter while at the same time keeping that piece of shit CM Punk. Fucking hell.

$65 is a stupid amount to watch an event. Drop that to $30 and 3x as many people buy it. Goes with any music or sporting event, only fools pay that over priced shit.

I sure was a fool.

From UFC 31 up until the time WMMA became frequent, I purchased in full or chipped in for damn near every single PPV. That's over 10 years and lot of cash.

I won't give them a dime for the shit quality they are offering today.

Back