There's no hate speech exception to the first amendment

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
Just a quick reminder to all those who think defending the KKK and white supremacists is wrong. The constitution says very clearly, hate speech is absolutely protected.

While morally it is wrong to defend racists and white supremacists, it is not wrong to protect their right to spew hate speech. That is unless you believe the constitution should be amended and ban hate speech.

The real issue at the heart of this whole Charlotsville circus, is who incited physical violence, who was acting in self-defense, etc. I don't think anyone in their right mind is defending the guy who crashed into the crowd of antifa protesters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...rst-amendment/q9m4IqfQvbo24nnlnPor1O/amp.html

The fact that people ever even labeled speech as hate speech is pathetic. I'm a free speech absolutist, and I'll yell about fire in crowded theaters whenever I want to.

Lots of people on this site do, actually.

Well, then they are utter trash.

I can't see any possible way what he did was not purely evil. What could ever even come close to justifying him doing that?

The fact that people ever even labeled speech as hate speech is pathetic. I'm a free speech absolutist, and I'll yell about fire in crowded theaters whenever I want to.

I think free speech is no longer free when it puts people's bodies or lives in immediate physical danger. A stampeding crowd out of a theatre could do that.

If the white supremacists were telling people to go out and kill, or attack minorities, I'm pretty sure the constitution would not protect their speech.

I agree completely but reports from the militia that attended were that the nazis were looking to fight. This wasn't a rally, it was a calculated bait for a battle.

People were killed and injured.. for this hate speech.

I think free speech is no longer free when it puts people's bodies or lives in immediate physical danger. A stampeding crowd out of a theatre could do that.

If the white supremacists were telling people to go out and kill, or attack minorities, I'm pretty sure the constitution would not protect their speech.

This sums it up pretty well.

The Supreme Court interpretes the constitution, for better or worse. They have deemed some hate speech not protected. Hate speech inciting immediate violence, for example. There are many others. There are also surprising instances where it has been protected.

Watch out TS! You will get called a Nazi for defending explaining the 1st Amendment to Leftists.

Just a quick reminder to all those who think defending the KKK and white supremacists is wrong. The constitution says very clearly, hate speech is absolutely protected.

While morally it is wrong to defend racists and white supremacists, it is not wrong to protect their right to spew hate speech. That is unless you believe the constitution should be amended and ban hate speech.

The real issue at the heart of this whole Charlotsville circus, is who incited physical violence, who was acting in self-defense, etc. I don't think anyone in their right mind is defending the guy who crashed into the crowd of antifa protesters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...rst-amendment/q9m4IqfQvbo24nnlnPor1O/amp.html

That's Nazi talk TS

Careful now. A lot of white crackers here will attack you for what you say when it comes to attacking free speech.

I just like leftists who say "they can take their free speech elsewhere" and then still complain that they shouldn't be able to say anything at all. I'm not even talking about advocating killing people whcih no one here does but being against open borders and muslims immigrants which leftists here say is racist and hate speech.

People only have an issue with "hate speech" when its a white person speaking.

How does speech put people in physical danger?

Back