The WW division is perfect example that STYLES MAKE FIGHTS!

Honestly I don't think its a styles thing. WW is as weak as its ever been right now.

gspbacon-jpg.280479

Attachments

• GSPBacon.jpg
    GSPBacon.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 43
They should just fight smaller guys like Fedor did.

z0ppf.jpg

They should just fight smaller guys like Fedor did.

z0ppf.jpg

Lol. Damn. I haven't seen that demo in forever. I am going to have to watch that again some time. Some bad ass moves that I might actually understand how to do these days

Honestly I don't think its a styles thing. WW is as weak as its ever been right now.

It really is about styles.

Woodley can beat a BJJ guy like Maia because Maia can't take him down and work his game.

Woodley can beat Lawler and Wonderboy because Woodley can close the distance so fast and land that overhand right on either of those guys.

But Woodley CANNOT beat Rory Mac! Rory will jab his ass all day and not let Woodley get any offense off whatsoever!

That same Rory loses in a technical striking battle to Wonderboy and loses in brawls to Robbie!

If Rory would have beat Wonderboy we might have seen Rory vs Woodley 2 and Rory might have never went to Bellator and instead would be UFC Champ! But he couldn't beat Wonderboy!

Styles make fights!

people act like the MacDonald fight wasn't close, but it was.

Man, I can say without intending any insult towards Woodley whatsoever that that was one of the most embarrassingly one-sided fights I have ever seen in this sport. I have absolutely no idea how you could think it was close, but you are entirely wrong.

It really is about styles.

Woodley can beat a BJJ guy like Maia because Maia can't take him down and work his game.

Woodley can beat Lawler and Wonderboy because Woodley can close the distance so fast and land that overhand right on either of those guys.

But Woodley CANNOT beat Rory Mac! Rory will jab his ass all day and not let Woodley get any offense off whatsoever!

That same Rory loses in a technical striking battle to Wonderboy and loses in brawls to Robbie!

If Rory would have beat Wonderboy we might have seen Rory vs Woodley 2 and Rory might have never went to Bellator and instead would be UFC Champ! But he couldn't beat Wonderboy!

Styles make fights!

I don't want to sound like a broken record here but Woodley grabbed the fence like three times, any one of which could have resulted in a submission (who knows) so I don't know that its fair to say a BJJ guy can't take him down when a BJJ guy who is known for poor takedowns should have had at least one if Tyron didn't cheat.

Back