The Walking Dead: Season 7, Episodes 2-8 Discussion (NO COMIC BOOK SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negan is clearly out of his mind if he thinks it's a wise move to save real threats like Daryl, Rosita and Rick just so he can play mind games under the disguise of "respecting warriors".

It's incredibly stupid and not even remotely realistic.

Negan is clearly out of his mind if he thinks it's a wise move to save real threats like Daryl, Rosita and Rick just so he can play mind games under the disguise of "respecting warriors".

It's incredibly stupid and not even remotely realistic.

I get what you are saying but at the same time Negan's probably been King of the land for the past 4 years (or however long the zombie apacolpse has been going on up to this point. He's very arrogant.....though clearly concerned with Rick as he personally visits and terrorizes Rick but not Hilltop or Kingdom.

Plus he has to keep some muscle alive so the groups can salvage for him. He has more use for Rick, Daryl, Rosita, even Eugene, than he does for Spencer or Olivia. The original Alexandria residents (other than Heath and Aaron wouldn't last very long out there) .

But you are right. If it were me I'd maybe keep Rick alive up to this point b/c it's clear I broke him. Plus he has 2 kids I can use for leverage. I would not keep Daryl or Rosita alive. I'd also have smashed Abe right away too.

I get what you are saying but at the same time Negan's probably been King of the land for the past 4 years (or however long the zombie apacolpse has been going on up to this point. He's very arrogant.....though clearly concerned with Rick as he personally visits and terrorizes Rick but not Hilltop or Kingdom.

Plus he has to keep some muscle alive so the groups can salvage for him. He has more use for Rick, Daryl, Rosita, even Eugene, than he does for Spencer or Olivia. The original Alexandria residents (other than Heath and Aaron wouldn't last very long out there) .

But you are right. If it were me I'd maybe keep Rick alive up to this point b/c it's clear I broke him. Plus he has 2 kids I can use for leverage. I would not keep Daryl or Rosita alive. I'd also have smashed Abe right away too.
I hate how they changed who got the arrow through the eye on the show (it was Abe in the comic). That was much more shocking than the random fat chick who got it on the show.

I'd advise everyone to read the small comic called Here's Negan. It shows what he was up to when the shit went down and why he's so attached to Lucille.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Here's_Negan

Great advice and it does give some insight into Negan. Slight possible spoiler alert as we aren't sure if they'll go into his back story on the TV show though. But thanks for the link for sure. I like the backstories. They have Michonne, Tyreese, and a few others too.

I'd advise everyone to read the small comic called Here's Negan. It shows what he was up to when the shit went down and why he's so attached to Lucille.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Here's_Negan

This is the type of shit that AMC should be doing with the webepisodes that they show in the commercial breaks. Kind of like that airplane one they had during FTWD, and the current one that was playing on TWD with those 2 women.

What was on the sheet of paper that Rick was looking at when he was talking to Richonne?

How was Drrrrl able to escape undetected... when those foot soldiers had full visibility of the door opening? I

Just wondering why Negan can't help himself but to keep people like Rick/Michonne/Darryl/Rosita etc. around if they are pretty much imminent security risks. He's a psychopath, so maybe this is his way of getting a challenge? They are formidable adversaries and dominating such people is definitely his way of getting high so perhaps it's getting the best of him in regards to Rick?

Or it's the fact that he KNOW he hasn't completely broken Rick yet. He knows he's playing along, but there no way Negan isn't waiting for a move. It is strange how relatively easily they got off (Lucille took a bullet; wooden bat's structural integrity is definitely compromised)... Spencer, Pharmacist Lady (lol @ Negan's comment, what a fucking asshole I love him)... really? Maybe there's a longer play here and also, where is SIMON? What is he fucking doing?

Spencer getting gutted was telegraphed about 100 miles away.... why did Carl/everyone just watch him tell Negan to kill Rick? Confused, maybe I missed something. Either way, Spencer was weak and what the fuck was he thinking trying to out-manipulate a dude who's a master of it. I guess he couldn't hold it together.

I wonder if Negan kinda wants to die. From when he asked Rick the grab the axe, it looks like (at times) he's maybe trying to get killed by "the one worthy enough" if you catch the drift. He seems to always be purposely out and exposed... I don't think it's accidental. It's for a reason, either to prove a point or what I said before.

To me, I think he's playing a game. It looks like it anyways; just fucking around with what's left of people and their minds. He kind of looks like he's gone mad at some points, so I guess we can expect some more erratic behavior. Rick's group is definitely under his skin, you can tell. It's like Rick's group is the answer Negan was looking for...

Food for thought, just babbling. Overall, entertaining moments and lots of "heavy" "deep" dialogue that I bobbleheaded through.

Can someone post a pic of the scene where the redhead chick Michonne captured showed when she said: "that's Negan"? I could not see that shit clearly.

Just wondering why Negan can't help himself but to keep people like Rick/Michonne/Darryl/Rosita etc. around if they are pretty much imminent security risks. He's a psychopath, so maybe this is his way of getting a challenge? They are formidable adversaries and dominating such people is definitely his way of getting high so perhaps it's getting the best of him in regards to Rick?

Or it's the fact that he KNOW he hasn't completely broken Rick yet. He knows he's playing along, but there no way Negan isn't waiting for a move. It is strange how relatively easily they got off (Lucille took a bullet; wooden bat's structural integrity is definitely compromised)... Spencer, Pharmacist Lady (lol @ Negan's comment, what a fucking asshole I love him)... really? Maybe there's a longer play here and also, where is SIMON? What is he fucking doing?

Spencer getting gutted was telegraphed about 100 miles away.... why did Carl/everyone just watch him tell Negan to kill Rick? Confused, maybe I missed something. Either way, Spencer was weak and what the fuck was he thinking trying to out-manipulate a dude who's a master of it. I guess he couldn't hold it together.

I wonder if Negan kinda wants to die. From when he asked Rick the grab the axe, it looks like (at times) he's maybe trying to get killed by "the one worthy enough" if you catch the drift. He seems to always be purposely out and exposed... I don't think it's accidental. It's for a reason, either to prove a point or what I said before.

To me, I think he's playing a game. It looks like it anyways; just fucking around with what's left of people and their minds. He kind of looks like he's gone mad at some points, so I guess we can expect some more erratic behavior. Rick's group is definitely under his skin, you can tell. It's like Rick's group is the answer Negan was looking for...

Food for thought, just babbling. Overall, entertaining moments and lots of "heavy" "deep" dialogue that I bobbleheaded through.
I agree with pretty much every thing you wrote here...

Yeah Negan may have busted a few screws up there well who would not go insane after you wittness dead people comming back to life..!!

nice post btw I enjoyed reading it!!!

Spencer was a pus. Negan seems to respect people that have balls and are tough fighters.

Spencer is the opposite, he's a snake in the grass.

Edit* Rosita is hot. More Rosita with less clothes next season.

The walking dead should do some fan service have a zombie rip her blouse and pants!!!!!

The walking dead should do some fan service have a zombie rip her blouse and pants!!!!!

Can you image that? haha. All males in the area just stop and stair at Rosita instead of helping her kill the zombie.

Speaking of this topic, I'm surprised Negan doesn't have a strip club at his home base. He has enough females.

Can you image that? haha. All males in the area just stop and stair at Rosita instead of helping her kill the zombie.

Speaking of this topic, I'm surprised Negan doesn't have a strip club at his home base. He has enough females.

If The Walking dead is being produced by a Japanese studio for Japanese TV we could have already seen a few Bra and Panty clips of the TWD babes!! Or even some top less scenes...

The Negan babes at the foundry are dick stiffening treasures!!! I bet Carl almost cum thru his eye socket when he saw those women!!!

Did anyone else totally forget Carol and Morgan were even still alive?

And even more than that did anyone else kind of wish Carol WASN'T alive after her interactions in episode 8??

Seriously is she a complete crazy person now? Does she think she just gets to not be involved and that makes it OK? You don't just get to say "Well, that's not my problem".

Of course I think we all assume that somehow Carol/Morgan/Richard/Ezekiel will find Rick and Hilltop (and possibly the hidden women's retreat will join in too) and they'll work together, maybe with Carol. But dang her character turned really really annoying.

And even more than that did anyone else kind of wish Carol WASN'T alive after her interactions in episode 8??

Seriously is she a complete crazy person now? Does she think she just gets to not be involved and that makes it OK? You don't just get to say "Well, that's not my problem".

Of course I think we all assume that somehow Carol/Morgan/Richard/Ezekiel will find Rick and Hilltop (and possibly the hidden women's retreat will join in too) and they'll work together, maybe with Carol. But dang her character turned really really annoying.

TBF, Carol still doesn't know about Glenn and Abraham. The revelation that they got their heads bashed into mush by Negan may get Carol to come around.

Who do you guys think is the stalker? He seems to be stalking Rick Morranis and crew and the Alexanderia compound!! Could it be Dwight? Simon?

Yeah She joined the Morgan camp!! or Annoying "I don't wanna kill no more fuck shit"

I'm kind of hoping that Carol gets killed off soon, like in the next half of the season. She has been annoying the shit out of me.

Who do you guys think is the stalker? He seems to be stalking Rick Morranis and crew and the Alexanderia compound!! Could it be Dwight? Simon?

I was wondering this too. The only reason I didn't think it wsa Dwight or Simon is that the boots were kind of mismatched I think. I doubt the right hand man and a high up guy for the Saviors would have mismatched boots. But I'm overthinking it most likely.

My guesses would be Ezekiel or someone from his Kingdom or somebody totally new from another area. Though we've had like 4 compounds meet this season that are apparently close together but somehow never ran into each other until now. A 5th one would be pretty crazy but not out of line from what the writers have done in the past.

I never was a fan of Carol, but even more so now. I hated how unrealistic Carol "the one women army" was, and now I hate how bitchy she is. I still can't figure out how Carol fit a sub machine gun in the arm of her jacket, and somehow fired it without aiming to kill 5 guys.

And your telling me that out of all the women Ezekiel has seen, Carol is the one he has the hot's for? Like what?

I have NOT read the comics, but I would bet my money on this situation going down:

Rick ask's Ezekiel to join the fight against Negan.
Exekiel says no.
Carol find's out about Glenn and Abe.
Carol convinces Exekiel to join fight with Rick against Negan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back