The UFC is just fine and not "inept".

GriffinLHWChamp

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A lot of people are making a point, which is factual, that the UFC's ratings have been down the past couple of years. I don't see how a ratings dip is a big deal. I think in any business having constant growth and progress is totally impossible. From what I see the UFC is extremely profitable and certainly stars drive their numbers which is why I think ratings are down a bit however, I think the future and sustainability of the sport and the brand are rock solid.

Do things always run perfectly? Are there issues? Yes. But are they an extremely profitable and now mainstream sport? Hell yeah. I've been watching since back before the Ultimate fighter. The growth has been unimaginable. They reached and achieved things that back in the day all us hardcores prayed for. Dana White deserves a lot of credit. The sport of MMA owes him greatly for his vision in his ability to mainstream the sport into the conciousness of the whole world.

I know a lot of people are all butt hurt and hate Dana White... but Dana is a flat out winner and extremely competent. You have to give credit where credit is due. Not many people could effictively and successfully marketed the UFC the way he did and the result is a company worth over 4 billion dollars. I only see MMA getting more and more engrained in the world sports view and I totally believe Dana White had a central part in it.

What is with you people who hate so hard on Dana and the UFC? Lower ratings is not a reason to jump all over their backs and start a panick. I've been through and seen many peaks and valleys as the sport progressed. After Brock Lesnar the sport dipped and Ronda Rousey and Conor Mcgregor brought them back up higher than ever. There will be peaks and valleys and stars will come and go. Why should the UFC having declining ratings over the past 2 years be a major issue to people like its been?

Hi Dana!

VkqUgoH.png

They should just improve the product and hold better cards by dropping the number of events and excess fighters

Boxing has been dying for decades to some people. Now, the UFC is dying. Is normal<{hughesimpress}>

Y'all don't know what the fuck you're fucking talking about, you fucking goofs. Our fucking business is fucking awesome, and twenty fucking seventeen was the best fucking year in the history of this fucking company.

HHUECoM.jpg

Team sports have a somewhat guaranteed fanbase due to the regional fanbase.

Individual sports, outside of your Tigers, Serenas, Armstrongs, and Phelps', are inherently niche sports before and after cross over stars.

Fighting is no different. I think I read here recently that Anderson vs. Maia, which aired during the afternoon stateside, got 600k buys. That kinda bubble is always destined to burst.

No way is it unusual to have these valleys at times. Makes the peaks that much better

Bought for 1 million sold for 4 billion=inept.

Only on Shertard.

I personally don’t care about ratings I can only speak for myself but I went from not missing a card ever and at the worst following play by play live, to now I’ve gone almost two years and only watched one fight night. I’ve lost interest, I just don’t care like I used to.

Yea Dana is the mastermind behind it all. ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN AND BILLIONARE BUDDIES COULD DO DANA'S JOB.

Individual sports, outside of your Tigers, Serenas, Armstrongs, and Phelps', are inherently niche sports before and after cross over stars.

Fighting is no different. I think I read here recently that Anderson vs. Maia, which aired during the afternoon stateside, got 600k buys. That kinda bubble is always destined to burst.

No way is it unusual to have these valleys at times. Makes the peaks that much better

Tennis has a huge and consistent following, and a crap load of money to go with it because of the demographic.

Ever tried buying tickets to the US open, it's ridiculously expensive

As with anything the truth is somewhere in the middle. The UFC is neither a complete dumpster fire, nor is it the paragon of well run businesses.

Matchmaking is a joke at the moment and the UFC is losing popularity, but it isn't going away, and their could be new stars as you suggest.

That was a stacked card... Anderson, BJ Penn and Matt Hughes in their prime. Hughes/Royce was a freakshow fight for the ages.

Tennis has a huge and consistent following, and a crap load of money to go with it because of the demographic.

Ever tried buying tickets to the US open, it's ridiculously expensive
No arguments here.

MMA just isn't there yet. These lull periods are perfect for trying new things and fans tend to get all "the sky is falling" too easily

Back