The UFC Can Easily Be Improved With Better Match Making

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC is heavily relies on that archaic philosophy of "this the classic grappler vs striker" fight, which I believe no longer works, and leads to boring tactical fights.

They need to move on with the times and match strikers with strikers, and grapplers with grapplers. The only time a "grappler vs striker" match should be made is when it can't be avoided for a legitimate title fight or number 1 contender eliminator.

But there should seldom be "grappler vs striker" in the lower cards.

A match of McGregor (if he is willing to return) vs Gaethje vs Ferguson can make big numbers and be super entertaining for the next 2 or 3 years. Depending on how damaging the wars are.

If they decide to pay Nate Diaz and throw him in the mix, it would be even more entertaining.

Conclusion, the UFC should pay the fighters and match strikers with strikers and grapplers with grapplers. Let the fighters specialties cancel themselves out, and force them to fight to win.

No one wants to see grappler vs grappler.

Only I can save the ufc
The man who predicted the ufc would be dead at this time

What UFC really needs to do is to feed their popular fighters with bums because casuals don't care if another fighter is a bum. The hardcore fans will complain but hardcore fans don't pay for PPV or Fightpass.

LOL.

I hate male grappling, unless the grappling is being done for ground-n-pound or submission (not attempts, but actual submissions LOL).

For example, I enjoyed Khabib smashing Michael Johnson, but save me from that Maia vs Masvidal nonsense. You shouldn't win a fight because you were hanging on your opponent's back. Just my opinion. LOL

What UFC really needs to do is to feed their popular fighters with bums because casuals don't care if another fighter is a bum. The hardcore fans will complain but hardcore fans don't pay for PPV or Fightpass.
You make more money when you feed a popular striker first to another popular striker first opponent.

what? I'm excited for Maia vs Colby

PRIDE could do some of those and make it work well. But they had yellow cards and fines for stalling, you won't see that shit in the States. Plus, it was more than just freestyle wrestling and BJJ. Catch-wrestling, sambo and judo were all in the mix, and kept the grappling game moving and interesting.

The UFC would be improved by making champions defend belts against top contenders. Too much of this picking opponents shit.

Are you retarded?

I'm always corrects months/years before the news comes out
This is why you're funny. You're always wrong and yet convince yourself you're actually right. It's a funny delusion.

If the UFC could get Kaitlyn Young or Julie Kedzie
from Invicta as match makers then UFC would have
no problems with lousy fights since both have put
solid cards on at Invicta more then once.

grappler vs grappler matches usually turn into shitty kickboxing matches

striker vs striker usually turn into lay and pray or wall and stall

Back