The UFC belt acheivement in the new era

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have had this feeling for a while, but i just heard germaine on the MMA Hour and she is talking about how crazy its been since she won the belt, that shes been very busy doing a lot of appearences on tv, podcasts, etc...

I see all these things going on, not only with her, but even with other previously "non needle movers" as for holly when she won vs ronda, and pretty much every other person who won the belt recently.

I feel like MMA has lately reached new levels of popularity and when people turn to whats the most prestigeous acheivement in the sport it would of course be the UFC belt...

But it seems like this position has become too volatile in recent years... So the mainstream media puts a lot of stock in someone who just won the belt, only for them to fall from grace a couple months later. (i.e cyborg is coming!)

I think people will get tired of this pretty soon and stop making a big deal when someone wins the belt.

Not to mention there are a jagillion belts nowadays, not only the divisions, but the interims as well.

Do we have a problem breweing here?

Maybe she's doing a lot of appeareances in her country? You do have a point, but i think ppl will always make a big deal out of it.

Did she already called out Claressa Shields? They can be co main on the Floyd vs Conor card and get filthy rich.

Maybe she's doing a lot of appeareances in her country? You do have a point, but i think ppl will always make a big deal out of it.

Yeah... but thats what i mean a little bit.

Shes probably doing mainstream media in her country... How does that make any difference? :)

Back