Media The Tank Abbot Podcast -- he tried to fight Ronda Rousey?

Tank was a beast in his youth. Young man crazy strength and killer mindset. He was joking w Rousey. In a real right it would have been an easy kill, we all know that
Yes. I concur. Prime Tank Abbott would have emerged victorious against Ronda Rousey.

This was during the height of Ronda Rousey's career. You know when she told the story about beating up random guys in the movie theater. How she could beat Mayweather. Cain under the right circumstances
Random guys: More likely in a fight she started, guys don't just randomly fight women for no reason
Mayweather: She could actually submit him if he was asleep in bed, faced away from her
Cain: Maybe if he's in handcuffs and leg shackles.

He was on the tail end of The big Rockbottom phase . Hes actually very nice. Hes more poking fun at the wmma more than being srs about smashing Ronda
Nice my ass. He is the kind of guy that lays you out for looking at him wrong at the bar. Or KO's you stiff and mocks you while your layed out on the ground doing the Dab. In other words he was fucking awesome. Literally made me a MMA fan back in the early 90's.

Nice my ass. He is the kind of guy that lays you out for looking at him wrong at the bar. Or KO's you stiff and mocks you while your layed out on the ground doing the Dab. In other words he was fucking awesome. Literally made me a MMA fan back in the early 90's.
You need therapy

This isn't quite true. There was a famous incident in the mid-2000s where Tank was at an event, got on the mic and challenged anyone from the crowd to come fight him. A young Brandon Vera came to the cage and started wrapping his hands. Tank left instead of fighting.
Actually!?

Did she actually say that about cain? I'm indifferent to Ronda as a fighter and person but that's an insane claim to make.

I could also beat cain under the right circumstances like if his hands are tied behind his back.
I don't know.
I would want his hands tied, but would feel more comfortable if I also had weapons.

He basically said (im paraphrasing-dont remember word for word) that fighting is alot of mentality. Your will and determination and toughness. He said that it werent true than the worlds richest men would pay the best trainers and acquire all the skills in all the disciplines, and be toughest men on planet. But we know thats not true(Zuck anyone). Said Royce Gracie was a tough SOB not cause of bjj but cause he was just a tough guy. I really feel that is pretty profound. A martial art cant unmake you a pussy. Even an art like wrestling. Youre either a fighter or like tank said, youre a tough athlete. He said not all wrestlers are fighters.
Ironic because Tank himself quit to smaller fighters every time he wasn't able to bully them. He was a tough guy for all of three minutes until his gas tank hit empty.

I am almost positive Rousey believes she would have beat Tank under the right circumstances.

Back