THE STRANGE STATE OF MMA......

FKA

AZ Hotshots/OAK Raiders/That Bellator guy
Banned
Reaction score
I'm currently 4-5 bong rips deep into this fine Sunday afternoon and after spacing out a bit I began to ponder the strange state of MMA we are all in right now.

Interest and viewership is down in the industry in north America but there is growth overseas and more financial opportunity in mma now maybe more then ever.

You have RIZIN and ONE both making good strides in popularity and financially paying pretty good contracts with One actually trying to start luring talent from north America like Eddie Alvarez and rumored benson Henderson as his contract is up soon with bellator.You got PFL handing out millions of dollars with new investors and good financial backing,and you got Bellator with the multimillion dollar DAZN deal.....

Is right now the best time to be a fighter from a financial opportunity standpoint?

I know pay is still low at the entry point but I'm talking about mid tier up fighters.If you got name value you have quite a few options outside the UFC to make a good living with companys that seem relatively stable and looking to acquire takent.

One,PFL,Bellator,and the UFC will be heating up free agency as the territorial takeovers continue...

What say you fellow sherbros?

Let me clarify..

The times are strange because eventhough we have seen tons of low ratings and fall in interest we are seeing more focus from company's to expand and investors are putting in more money into mma orgs then we've seen in years if not ever.

Were in a transitional phase where more people are streaming than ever illegally and the industry is trying to adapt by going to on demand streaming.

Were in a transitional phase where more people are streaming than ever illegally and the industry is trying to adapt by going to on demand streaming.

I agree

Do you guys agree that right now is a really good time to be a free agent with name value??? Lots of options

I agree

Do you guys agree that right now is a really good time to be a free agent with name value??? Lots of options
Yea definitely

Fighters now have a more fair market to be a free agent in, that's why many ufc fighters are smart and aren't signing extensions or new contracts and fighting them out to see how much their true market value is when receiving offers from Bellator and the others.

Bellator imo is making the biggest waves with their strategic signings and its almost like watching an interesting chess match play out, waiting to see their next move. It feels Like a takeover.

Yea definitely

Fighters now have a more fair market to be a free agent in, that's why many ufc fighters are smart and aren't signing extensions or new contracts and fighting them out to see how much their true market value is when receiving offers from Bellator and the others.

Bellator imo is making the biggest waves with their strategic signings and its almost like watching an interesting chess match play out, waiting to see their next move. It feels Like a takeover.

Bellator has the best funding right now outside the UFC but PFL has good money and will likely attract some bigger names next year and ONE trying to hey Alvarez says alot.

Free agency is going to heat up these next few years which I'm looking forward to.

If I was a pro fighter right now I would probably sign with Scott Coker. They seem like they take care of their fighters really well. The new WME-IMG UFC is suspect as fuck right now.

Back