The reasons why it will be very hard to beat Khabib...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Khabib is born into fighting in the perfect conditions to make a fighter, which by that I mean, his father, environment, state of mind and physical attributes. His father is a known fighter who trained him since his early years and the harsh life surrounding that area and all you care about in life is religion and training = a perfect fighting product.

Although someone can start young here, the surroundings after training are different. Too many distractions even by looking and not trying will take ur focus off. Khabib’s was fed and bread the fighting mind so it will extremely hard to beat him because physically there is no quit in him and also mentally; you saw how hard Conor tried and only fueled him. Do you agree?

Last edited:
I do. But I still think the biggest problem for Khabib could be Tony Ferguson. His desire to fight and unorthodox techniques could be what it takes to beat Khabib. Certainly isn't going to be Conor.

giphy.gif

I do. But I still think the biggest problem for Khabib could be Tony Ferguson. His desire to fight and unorthodox techniques could be what it takes to beat Khabib. Certainly isn't going to be Conor.

Agreed.

Maybe Kevin Lee as well, if he can stop the TD's.

That Khabib - Tony fight has to happen.

We deserve it goddammit.

It's hard because the guy gets possessed by Satan the moment he puts someone on the ground.

I agree that being brought up by your father as a coach, in an environment where alcohol / other distractions are considered mortal sins, probably had a lot to do with it. However, for every Khabib that thrives under pressure, there are hundreds if not thousands who crack or are just mediocre.

What I’m saying is that natural ability + dedicated training + luck will go a long way, but it is not a recipe for guaranteed greatness. Khabib is exceptional, and put in the effort to realize his potential. Howver, most other people can put in 10,000 days of work in and just be competent, but not exceptional.

Where he's from doesn't make him any less beatable

You just have to fight better than him

ortega would submit khabib easily.

Khabib is born into fighting in the perfect conditions to make a fighter, which by that I mean, his father, environment, state of mind and physical attributes. His father is a known fighter who trained him since his early years and the harsh life surrounding that area and all you care about in life is religion and training = a perfect fighting product.

Although someone can start young here, the surroundings after training are different. Too many distractions even by looking and not trying will take ur focus off. Khabib’s was fed and bread the fighting mind so it will extremely hard to beat him because physically there is no quit in him and also mentally; you saw how hard Conor tried and only fueled him. Do you agree?
He for sure has great ground control , lacks strong striking diversity but is the man to beat

The biggest thing that might cut his career short is his life and death weight cuts

If a staph infected Lee could sucker punch and take down Tony then imagine what Khabib would do.

The #1 reason it's going to be hard to beat Khabib is that he's not going to fight contenders, he's going to do exactly what he shit on McGregor for doing: chase Floyd money and hold up the division.

If he destroys Tony, then he's the lightweight GOAT imo.

Can't it just be that he's really good?

Tony at LW obviously has the best chance. Otherwise...good luck.

Khabib is a man of faith as he certainly believes that God is with him always. Ppl draw energy, motivation from crowds, family etc. For him it is God alone. Difficult to beat man with that kind of mentality.

Khabib is a man of faith as he certainly believes that God is with him always. Ppl draw energy, motivation from crowds, family etc. For him it is God alone. Difficult to beat man with that kind of mentality.
Most top athletes and businessmen draw from faith (whatever that means to them) this is not unique to Khabib

If a staph infected Lee could sucker punch and take down Tony then imagine what Khabib would do.
Styles make fights and this was how that fight ended anyway.

upload_2018-12-7_7-51-12.jpeg

Back