The Proganda thread: warning lots of UFC stuff

Whatcha talkin bout Willis? Besides on the very odd occasion I haven't watched wrestling in nearly 20 years.

I didn't mean you lol I mean for fans that are only interested in a fight to see some circus act and shit talk side show. Anyone who knows anything about these guys knows this fight is gonna be fantastic and worth the ppv money.

I didn't mean you lol I mean for fans that are only interested in a fight to see some circus act and shit talk side show. Anyone who knows anything about these guys knows this fight is gonna be fantastic and worth the ppv money.

Sure. Besides the McGregor-Aldo "fight" neither of these guys have disappointed me personally as far as them putting on entertaining fights. We're almost guaranteed the same thing this Saturday.

Not sure it's worth singling out other people, though, because you'd be lying to yourself if you don't feel a little extra excitement generated during the build up for fights. I mean, I know you love the fights themselves. No question there. But that other stuff adds to it for you. For me as well. This rematch has been severely lacking in that department compared to their first fight.

Sure. Besides the McGregor-Aldo "fight" neither of these guys have disappointed me personally as far as them putting on entertaining fights. We're almost guaranteed the same thing this Saturday.

Not sure it's worth singling out other people, though, because you'd be lying to yourself if you don't feel a little extra excitement generated during the build up for fights. I mean, I know you love the fights themselves. No question there. But that other stuff adds to it for you. For me as well. This rematch has been severely lacking in that department compared to their first fight.

I mean it makes us all a little more excited to see it sure, but we are already invested in it if that makes sense. I'm curious to hear what is said but the buzz is already there for me.

I mean it makes us all a little more excited to see it sure, but we are already invested in it if that makes sense. I'm curious to hear what is said but the buzz is already there for me.

Yeah, of course it makes sense, Bobby Jenks.

I'm still trying to feel my own interest levels for the rematch rise, though. I think I've tried everything to become invested in it and haven't quite found it yet. In fact, it's probably only the 3rd most interesting event on Saturday for me, behind The Hip concert and then a horse race that takes place late afternoon.

I can't say I was impressed with that Jeff Borris guy when he appeared on Helwani show a couple of days ago. He came across as a guy that still needs to get learned on a ton of stuff before he'd be capable of leading a fighters union.

Yeah, of course it makes sense, Bobby Jenks.

I'm still trying to feel my own interest levels for the rematch rise, though. I think I've tried everything to become invested in it and haven't quite found it yet. In fact, it's probably only the 3rd most interesting event on Saturday for me, behind The Hip concert and then a horse race that takes place late afternoon.

You bet on the horse racing?

I can't say I was impressed with that Jeff Borris guy when he appeared on Helwani show a couple of days ago. He came across as a guy that still needs to get learned on a ton of stuff before he'd be capable of leading a fighters union.

Yeah there is a big learning curve, but I like that progress is being made seemingly. Hopefully things improve for the fighters.

You bet on the horse racing?

Yes, yes I do. I've been doing so for a good chunk of my life with varying degrees of involvement, success, and failures. My first bet on the ponies was in 1984.

Yeah there is a big learning curve, but I like that progress is being made seemingly. Hopefully things improve for the fighters.

Progress towards them being organized is definitely a good thing for them. I expected that Borris guy to make a better impression on me with his knowledge, though, with him being a lawyer and his lengthy background in sports.

McGregor a no-show for this press conference?

UFC202 already trending 50k. Ridiculous how popular it ia

That was embarrassing even for the UFC, although it's very likely to do the job it was designed to do.

Conor was late so Nate one upped him and dipped out. Pure chaos ensues. Don't know how they are gonna be able to weigh in on Friday.

That UFC hype machine is unstoppable.

UFC runs like 20 different twitter accounts and they are getting like 100k retweets.

Live updates: Devastating Blue Cut fire in Cajon Pass consumes homes at rapid rate, burning out of control
Sports SUMMER OLYMPICS
Boxing gives Claressa Shields the confidence to also conquer life
400x225

Claressa Shields has clinched the United States' third boxing medal at the Rio Olympics. (Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles Times)
Kevin Baxter
In the ring, Claressa Shields is as direct and imposing as a punch to the jaw, something she wielded with uncommon regularity Wednesday in a unanimous-decision victory over Russian Iaroslava Iakushina in a Rio Olympics middleweight quarterfinal.

The win guarantees her at least a bronze medal, to go with the gold she won as a teenager four years ago in London. She hasn’t lost since the 2012 world championships, with the victory over Iakushina her record is 75-1. Her coaches call her the best boxer in the world, male or female.

Read more here http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-boxing-shields-20160817-snap-story.html

Back