The PR Thread! II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cratos

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The original be found here: The PR Thread!

This thread is to post PRs that you have JUST broken.

NEW PRs only, not a grocery list of all your personal bests.

First post from the original thread:

I was thinking that it would be great to have a thread where all of us could post our new PR's to inspire other lifters. All PR's welcome from 100lbs to 1000lbs. Hopefully we'll be making progress enough to keep this near the top. If not, I'll have a mod stickify it.

I pulled 460 today. My biggest DL ever. Used my new chalk and it seemed to help the grip a lot. It was a tough pull, but not murderous.

Last edited:
This will replace the current stickied thread soon.

last night I started a new pub. 1 rep PR!

320 squat (for 3 reps) a nd 205 bench (for 3 reps)
this was about 7 days after i thought i was losing strength b/c i was dropping weight, then hit my highest numbers ever .

365 1RM Bench
505 1RM Squat
455 1RM Dead

I stopped doing 1RMs after I started BJJ training as that became my priority, these PRs were all set in 2004/5 and I was 20 and weighed 230-250lbs.

weight 299.5

I still have lots to lose, but this is a big milestone for me. I was under 300 in the mid ninetys, but that was with Rx diet pills. So by actual natural means this is the first time in my adult life to be under 300.

weight 299.5

I still have lots to lose, but this is a big milestone for me. I was under 300 in the mid ninetys, but that was with Rx diet pills. So by actual natural means this is the first time in my adult life to be under 300.

Nice job man.

185kg x2 squat at 66kgbw (407.85lb @ 145lb)

This was done in a titan super centurion squat suit and knee wraps.

This is actually the most disappointed I've been with a PR, I easily had at least another rep in me but I stumbled forward after the second rep and the spotters started helping me rack the weight.

4 more training weeks till my comp. I've got a lot of work to do on my walk outs, I'm very unsteady during the walk out and set up :(

Wicked squatting, Sconse!

380 lbs. 60 lb PR

One hand cleaned 170 with my right arm today. Thats a +5 lbs pr. Im sure I could have done more but it was time to move on.

I noticed I didnt fully complete the lift after the catch. Its not that I had to drop the bar, its just I consider the catch the hardest part about the one handed clean... so getting that was enough

I decided to test my 1RM this week in squat and dead this week (haven't done that in months).

DL = 355
Squat = 255

Think I could've been good for a lot more in squat since I felt so good I went for 2 and barely missed the 2nd.

I also set some PRs with SOHP, weighted dips, and weighted chins/pulls.

I weigh about 158 lbs now and I can tell the few extra pounds helped.

One hand cleaned 170 with my right arm today. Thats a +5 lbs pr. Im sure I could have done more but it was time to move on.

I noticed I didnt fully complete the lift after the catch. Its not that I had to drop the bar, its just I consider the catch the hardest part about the one handed clean... so getting that was enough

Andy, you stud, good lift man.

~Foz

Benched 250 lbs today - new PR (went up slow but all on my own)

Squat: 335 x 5, +10 lb PR.

4 plates is so close I can smell its dirty underwear.

PRs:

Deadlift: 227kilos (500.2 lbs) - only one on video.
Squat: 475lbs
Clean: 112kilos
Jerk: 275lbs
Bench: no idea, maybe 250? I don't really bench all that much
Snatch: 80kilos
Front Squat: 300lbs

Mostly all of these done at a BW of 190-200lbs. When I did strongman, we did other strength tests:

Farmer's walk: 250/hand
Flipped an 800lb tire
Car deadlift ~475lbs for 13 reps in 60 sec - have this on vid
Keg deadlift ~450lbs for 9 reps in 60 sec - on vid
Yoke walk 500lbs
loaded the 360lb stone once
hercules hold ~275/hand, 1:13 - have this on vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back