The Old Man Jams Thread

MusterX

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Its amazing to me the longevity that some artists and bands have so I wanted to get an old man jams thread going. It can be any artist or band, but it has to be the old man version of them.

Here is old man version Golden Earring playing Twilight Zone in 2015, Amsterdam. They were founded in 1961. This is a great video.

Also lets add in old man Pink Floyd. They were founded in 1965 and toured until around 2005. I actually saw their 1994-95 Pulse tour, it was phenomenal. Just tremendous, probably the best single concert I've ever been to.

So what do you guys have? It can be anyone you like but it has to be "old man" version.

Last edited:
Ted Nugent, 2015? He originally started with Amboy dukes in 1963. Here he is playing Straglehold, 68 years old.

Eric Clapton said this of BB King.

"He is without a doubt the most important artist the blues has ever produced," Eric Clapton wrote in his 2008 biography, "and the most humble and genuine man you would ever wish to meet. In terms of scale or stature, I believe that if Robert Johnson was reincarnated, he is probably B.B. King."

BB King in 2006, at age 81.

Understand his greatness.

Its amazing to me the longevity that some artists and bands have so I wanted to get an old man jams thread going. It can be any artist or band, but it has to be the old man version of them.

Also lets add in old man Pink Floyd. They were founded in 1965 and toured until around 2005. I actually saw their 1994-95 Pulse tour, it was phenomenal. Just tremendous, probably the best single concert I've ever been to.

So what do you guys have? It can be anyone you like but it has to be "old man" version.

I also saw Pink Floyd on the Pulse tour. People lost their minds when the flying pig came out, lol. I ended up driving four hours home afterwards tripping balls because the guy I rode with was worse off than me. Good times.

Psychedelic Furs. Got together in 1977. In 1980 they released what is still one of my favorite albums, the self titled Psychedelic Furs. It included the song India, performed here in 2011 at the House of Blues

I actually have this album cover hanging on my wall

The_Psychedelic_Furs_cover.jpg

I also saw Pink Floyd on the Pulse tour. People lost their minds when the flying pig came out, lol. I ended up driving four hours home afterwards tripping balls because the guy I rode with was worse off than me. Good times.

I can't really describe how incredible Floyd was live. Its quite an experience. I saw them at the old Texas Stadium in Dallas, the one with the hole in the top. During the concert the local news reported they could see lasers shooting out of the top of the stadium from miles away. During the concert a terrible storm started and it started pouring, a deluge into Texas Stadium, the top is fixed, it can't close.

So anyway, the people on the floor are getting monsooned but they don't seem to care, they are all staring straight ahead as Floyd delivers an obscene sensory overload. Anyway, you can see all the lasers going but also lightning streaking across the sky through the giant hole in the top of the stadium. I'm thinking they are about to call rain delay, right, next thing you know this retractable pole extends itself out over David Gilmour and it has a clear plastic sheet that shields him from the storm and he, as if cued by the gods, breaks into a comfortably numb solo in the middle of a violent thunderstorm.

It was one of the most epic gdamn things I've ever seen in my life. The storm and the rain pouring into the stadium, Gilmour never missed a note.

Here is old man version Golden Earring playing Twilight Zone in 2015, Amsterdam. There were founded in 1961. This is a great video.

I saw Golden Earing open for 38 Special in 1983. That was my first concert .

Really all I listen to is old man music. Not much "new" music excites me, unless it's from an old group.

I don't know if I stuck to your original theme, I got excited that someone else knew Golden Earing that I got off course.

I saw Golden Earing open for 38 Special in 1983. That was my first concert .

Really all I listen to is old man music. Not much "new" music excites me, unless it's from an old group.

I don't know if I stuck to your original theme, I got excited that someone else knew Golden Earing that I got off course.

haha, hell yea. Here they are, 2015, Radar Love.

even though Peart retired almost a year ago and the band finished touring in mid 2015. The final show they did in mid 2015 was as good as many of their previous shows letting everyone know they still had it as a live group. Band hasn't lost a single step. Sad that we won't get to see them live again ever since Nearl Peart retired from tour drumming due to health issues.

even though Peart retired almost a year ago and the band finished touring in mid 2015. The final show they did in mid 2015 was as good as many of their previous shows letting everyone know they still had it as a live group. Band hasn't lost a single step. Sad that we won't get to see them live again ever since Nearl Peart retired from tour drumming due to health issues.

Awesome, listening right now. One of the greatest 3 man bands of all time.

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

Jello Biafra this past August

Awesome, I love that they don't freak out when people get on stage and dive off. You try that at a pop stars concert you might get your head cracked by security.

I caught the summer of 94 Division Bell show at Soldier Field and it's definitely a top 20 concert for me, maybe top 10. The giant disco ball that came up in the center of the field was awesome. That plus the Another Brick in the Wall part 2 helicopter sounds intro sounded like there was a chopper coming over the wall behind us because they had a great surround sound system set up for the show.

My contribution by a band that's been at it for over 40 years and still going

I've seen them over a dozen times since 96 and they've always been great, though age is wearing on them more the past 5 years or so I think. Last time I saw them in 2012 they played Kiko in its entirety and it wasn't really up to snuff with most of their shows I'd seen previous to that despite that being one of my favorite albums by anybody.

Back