***The Official SANCTIONED Lomachenko vs Linares RBR Thread 8:00PM ET ESPN 5/12/18***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Saturday, May 12, 2018 Madison Square Garden, New York City
ESPN 8:00 p.m. ET

Linares vs. Lomachenko will be televised live and exclusively at 8:00 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN Deportes and stream live on the ESPN App at 6:30 p.m. ET.

The fight will be televised in the UK by BoxNation.

Vasyl Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs) vs Jorge Linares (44-3, 27 KOs) -

WBA Lightweight Title

vasyl-lomachenko-vs-jorge-linares.jpg

No HBO spoilers in this thread, please.

I've actually joined box nation just for this. I figure £12 that I can cancel after watching the fight isn't too much to pay.

Loma by a dominant UD. I do worry about judging since Linares is a Golden "Spatula" Boy fighter.

nothing wrong having 2 lol threads

Lol

It's all good. I like the SANCTIONED in all caps

I do that clowning, but I tossed up tonight's events last night (actually, early this morning if that tells you anything---lol) and wasn't thinking, man. I thought yours was general pre-fight discussion like we always have versus RBR until I paid closer attention to the title after seeing a couple of these posts.

I was even in yours reading it when you shamed us the other day.

Hell, we can make one more for that matter. lol

Rooting for Linares, I think Linares wins some rounds before Loma stops him late.

Ref stoppage 11th

Im here at MSG was able to buy good seats one day before. Loma gonna win by tko round 11 I feel it

I do that clowning, but I tossed up tonight's events last night (actually, early this morning if that tells you anything---lol) and wasn't thinking, man. I thought yours was general pre-fight discussion like we always have versus RBR until I paid closer attention to the title after seeing a couple of these posts.

I was even in yours reading it when you shamed us the other day.

Hell, we can make one more for that matter. lol

@DeJulez start another thread

Being a casual boxing fan, can someone enlighten me on why lomachenko is regarded as such a great and potentially p4p best current boxer? I see he has gold in both 2008 and 2012 Olympics, which alone can probably answer the question. However, his professional record is 10-1.

That's such a small pool of fights to hold someone in such high regard. With that, is it the Olympic gold that push him over?

Being a casual boxing fan, can someone enlighten me on why lomachenko is regarded as such a great and potentially p4p best current boxer? I see he has gold in both 2008 and 2012 Olympics, which alone can probably answer the question. However, his professional record is 10-1.

That's such a small pool of fights to hold someone in such high regard. With that, is it the Olympic gold that push him over?
I am interested as well

He also has two golds as an amateur at the Worlds. Plus in 397 bouts as an amateur he lost only once, which he avenged twice. He managed to get a World Title as a pro in just his third fight. He managed to gain a second World title at a second weight in just his 7th bout. And the one lost as a pro in his second bout was highly controversial where his opponent barely won a split decision despite landing over 100 low blows. Basically the guy is a phenomenon.

Back