***The Official SANCTIONED Jack vs Stevenson RBR Thread 10:05PM ET Showtime 5/19/2018***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought jack was lucky to not get an L, I didnt like the match and don't want a rematch.

First of all, can't see how anyone argues someone won that clear. Second of all, you don't want to see that again? That was a great fight. That's why we watch boxing.

Terrific fight, they have to do that again. Think Jack wins a rematch more decisively. Stevenson nicked it on my card but if Jack had started a bit sooner he would have taken it, Stevenson was totally done by the end while Jack had quite a lot left in him.

you guys agree with the criticism of the ref being way too involved tonight?

I wouldn't say way too involved, but Ian John-Lewis is a shit ref in general (many many times on Boxrec's British forum, when domestic fights in Britain occur you see fans scream in horror when IJL is announced & with good fucking reason).

He stopped Jack working the body by letting Stevenson dictate what was low & what wasn't (almost all of it wasn't), ignored blatant (rather than accidental) & much heavier low shots from Stevenson, & as Paulie said he let Stevenson cling on inside for four rounds like a fucking octopus & the first time Jack clinched, warned him!

I mean, on balance, for IJL, that counts as possibly his most impartial performance, but any other ref & I'd say he deserved that left hook Jack gave him.

Great fight & good judging.

BTW & I was, weirdly, impressed & also disappointed with both guys (I mean, each of them just delivered utterly quintessential performances: Jack being an animal & yet also starting reaaaaally slowly & fighting one-paced & not finding that extra gear & Stevenson being a quicksilver terror for five/six rounds & then gassing out & being far too easy to catch from the outside where he should rule the roost & not liking a physical fight).

But, on the other hand, they both fought through hell. How Stevenson found that bomb downstairs to hurt Jack & get back in to it I do not know, & how Jack withstood some of the shots in the first few rounds & also getting his legs nearly knocked clean out from underneath him late in the 10th & again in the 11th I just do not understand.

Can we see it again, please?

I had Stevenson up 7-5 on the cards but Jack definitely won the fight, if that makes sense. You just can't throw away 6 rounds in the beginning and expect to win a decision.

I had Stevenson up 7-5 on the cards but Jack definitely won the fight, if that makes sense. You just can't throw away 6 rounds in the beginning and expect to win a decision.
I haven't seen this fight, but felt the same about Khan/Maidana. Khan took the dec, couldn't argue that, Maidana won the "fight". Sounds like a different last night altogether, but I know what you mean and it makes sense.

I haven't seen this fight, but felt the same about Khan/Maidana. Khan took the dec, couldn't argue that, Maidana won the "fight". Sounds like a different last night altogether, but I know what you mean and it makes sense.

Watch the fight. I won't call it a classic, but it's pretty damn good. Again, fights like this are why we continue to love this sport.

Finally watched. Had it 6-6.

Jack was pretty clearly superior though. He just....was out of it in those first rounds i dunno.

He cost himself the victory

I had that fight 114-114 but could see 115-113 Adonis. I didn’t see a way Jack could have won. He waited too long to get started. I had him losing the first 3 rounds and down 5-1 halfway through. He dominated the second half but started too late.

Whatd you guys think of the fight? Bout to watch it on a flight here in a few.

I liked the fight alot, both at times the fighters established their fight game. I thought it was interesting when stevenson started to fight at close range. Very competitive.

I think jack wins the rematch fairly easy. supes fought hard but he is 40 and he looked good but looked his age too

Being there live, me and everyone with me thought Stevenson won. I’m a licensed amateur judge but I wasn’t scoring closely. The feeling was jack gave away the first 6 and Stevenson won a later round, can’t remember which I think the 10th. Either way great fight, a draw is a fair result, I’d like to see it again and I’d expect jack to win the rematch.

Unfortunate nature of the ten-point system meaning that a round can be very close and cagey and a round can be a one-sided hammering and both get scored the same.

Jack clearly won the fight, he just didn't win a clear majority of the rounds.

Unfortunate nature of the ten-point system meaning that a round can be very close and cagey and a round can be a one-sided hammering and both get scored the same.

I think this is a decent point and they made it last night as well.

But a draw by rule is a fair outcome. And either by a point or two would not have been a robbery.

Great fight, really enjoyed it. I didn't score it, it felt like it was probably gonna be a draw. Jack is always in razor close dec's and has like 4 draws now. Kind of saw this coming, Adonis dominates for the first half and if he doesn't get the finish then Jack starts kicking the shit out of him.

I really thought somebody was gonna get finished when I capped this tho, but both guys showed they were tough motherfuckers and took some brutal punishment that would've stopped many lesser fighters.

Good shit. Hopefully we get a quick rematch.

Ian John Lewis is a terrible ref but he took that shot to his the ole schnoz like a pro.

@DaveDave great write up btw. You summed the fight up very well.

Its fair.

So guy A beats the shit out of guy B for one round

and guy b wins 11 rounds but doesnt do that much damage. Its fair to give the fight to guy A. shit dont make sense.

Jack did not win that fight and was in trouble on more than one occasion

Its fair.

So guy A beats the shit out of guy B for one round

and guy b wins 11 rounds but doesnt do that much damage. Its fair to give the fight to guy A. shit dont make sense.

Jack did not win that fight and was in trouble on more than one occasion

Numerically that's a pretty extreme example. This fight was basically even on the scoreboard with damage being widely in the favour of one guy.

Whatd you guys think of the fight? Bout to watch it on a flight here in a few.

I enjoyed it. Live you really did not know which way it was going to go. It's not FOTY, but I was entertained and would watch a rematch any day. I think Jack would win next time with more jab and being busier earlier, though he wasn't in prime cardio shape the last couple rounds, either. So who knows. Another pick 'em in a rematch, maybe. And Adonis always has that lights out power. I don't want to over sell it, but I liked both bouts on the card last night.

Back