The Official Fifa World Cup thread v5: We go Agane

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Switzerland has 3 ethnically Swiss players, the rest are Albanians, one Hispanic and another two African guys (not sure where from).

The most bizarre part is when the Albanian players start making the turkey sign with their hands, it's like, alright, so you "play for your homeland", why are you playing for the Swiss? Conversely, if you're Albanian you'd probably be hella pissed at these fair weather "patriots" - put your money where your mouth is lol
Well, Xhaka was born in Switzerland (his older brother too, but he actually plays for Albanian national team) and Shaqiri in what today's Kosovo (I mean they are ethnically Albanian but seems like their parents are from Serbia/Kosovo). I rememeber years ago I've seen some letter to FIFA or UEFA from some of these guys in which they asked FIFA/UEFA to let Kosov national team participate. And some of them said that they would like to play for Kosovo team.

I don't think you understand the Swiss concept of 'ethnically Swiss'.
Maybe. I thought Swiss German, Swiss Italian, Swiss French and Swiss Gypsies (I forgot how they called exactly) = ethnically Swiss.

The meltdown when Germany lose. <{anton}>

Last edited:
Maybe. I thought Swiss German, Swiss Italian, Swiss French and Swiss Gypsies (I forgot how they called exactly) = ethnically Swiss.

Romansch -- and there are probably on 50,000 Romansch speakers left.

Anyone here explicitly cheer AGAINST a specific team(s) at world cups?

Inb4 Brits chime in with Argentina.

Finally under 200 pounds after 1 year of clean-eating hard-working

time to hit Tinder and pick-up one nighter bitchessss

Greece and South Korea for me.

Solid tier 2 hate picks.

When i think of Greek soccer, all i can think of is boring play with a lot of throw ins. The 1994 game against Argentina had to be one of the most comical thrashings. Argentina went up 4-0 very quickly IIRC and didn't even bother trying the rest of the game.

I think Mexico is number 1 for me. they've just always rustled me for some reason. They're a very chippy team and always have been. I think it traces back to a world cup qualifying game that I went to when i was a little kid.

The meltdown when Germany lose. <{anton}>

Sweden has already kicked out Italy and the Netherlands from this World Cup.

Germany is next on the li... okay I can't finish that sentence. Deutschland will probably win.

Solid tier 2 hate picks.

When i think of Greek soccer, all i can think of is boring play with a lot of throw ins. The 1994 game against Argentina had to be one of the most comical thrashings. Argentina went up 4-0 very quickly IIRC and didn't even bother trying the rest of the game.

I think Mexico is number 1 for me. they've just always rustled me for some reason. They're a very chippy team and always have been. I think it traces back to a world cup qualifying game that I went to when i was a little kid.
That and Greece won 2004 Euros with most boring football i seen in my life. Makes Mourinho's football look like 1970's Brazil.

Then we have South Korea kicking the shit out of Italian, Spanish and Portuguese players while diving themselfs to get opponents sent off. People call out Neymar and Cristiano for diving but Koreans had 11 of them and they had a playstyle of a hockey enforcer. Then their fans had the balls to cheer on like they just won the World Cup during every game. Fuck em.

Big man Rom
<rawsun>

and it’s 2-1, what a game so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back