The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the trailer again, I think the "Frieza vs Broly" part is misleading. I don't think Frieza is fighting Broly the way Goku/Vegeta are fighting him. I think Frieza is testing Broly's power. Broly is wearin Frieza Force armor and he's exiting Frieza's ship when he meets Goku and Vegeta.

While Frieza was dead, his army probably found and took in Broly and his father. With Frieza's return, he's like "who the hell is this new Saiyan in my army", discovers Broly's power and decides to use him to kill Goku.

Frieza knows he can't fuck with Goku after what he saw in the ToP so he's using Broly as a pawn to get rid of him.

Essentially Frieza is the main villain in this movie.
Interesting theory. I hope they get rid of Frieza soon though, unless he has some major character development.

Pretty stupid call by Beerus to bring him back too. He knows what an evil shithead Frieza is.

I wonder how strong some of the side characters are now compared to how strong they were in DBZ. We know Goku, Vegeta and Frieza are hundreds of times stronger when they go all out. But what about Krillin, Tien, Goten and Trunks? Gohan hasn't been training, so I assume he's at best equal now that he's Ultimate Gohan again and he was still fairly competitive in the ToP.

So basically almost everyone is the same as DBZ except for a few characters? Explains why guys like Roshi, Krillin and Tien weren't eliminated in 17 seconds during the ToP. Hell, Beerus even suggested that if they hadn't destroyed Frieza's army one of them could be in the ToP.

Hopefully we get to see them fight Broly's buddies. Some of those guys at least fought Broly in the original movie.

Hopefully we get to see them fight Broly's buddies. Some of those guys at least fought Broly in the original movie.
I’m still needing Piccolo to get an upgrade. I was sure that was gonna happen in TOP.

Looks like he is dominating 2 SSJ Blues while not even in his full powered state

Mastered Ultra Instinct Gogeta looms?

This is worrying me. Is Jiren already gonna be the new Tien Shin Han/Piccolo and just a weakling compared with Goku and Vegeta after this movie...

Looks like he is dominating 2 SSJ Blues while not even in his full powered state

Mastered Ultra Instinct Gogeta looms?
Jiren was dominating 2 SSJ Blues while not full-powered also. Hell, he was neither serious nor was he trying to kill them, even when Goku ramped it up with Kaioken. Even when Vegeta went Diamond Sparkle Blue and 17 joined for a triple team, Jiren powered up a bit but still was holding back.

The more I see the trailer, the more I think Broly won't come close to fully powered Jiren or MUI Goku. He went Legendary SSJ (which I assume will be his strongest form) against just SS Blue Goku alone.

Also, after only lasting a couple minutes as Vegito during the Goku Black arc, I think fusion for them is permanently off the table. How long would it last now? 10 seconds?

Jiren was dominating 2 SSJ Blues while not full-powered also. Hell, he was neither serious nor was he trying to kill them, even when Goku ramped it up with Kaioken. Even when Vegeta went Diamond Sparkle Blue and 17 joined for a triple team, Jiren powered up a bit but still was holding back.

The more I see the trailer, the more I think Broly won't come close to fully powered Jiren or MUI Goku. He went Legendary SSJ (which I assume will be his strongest form) against just SS Blue Goku alone.

Also, after only lasting a couple minutes as Vegito during the Goku Black arc, I think fusion for them is permanently off the table. How long would it last now? 10 seconds?

I noticed during the last moment in the trailer when Goku says "He is getting stronger." Broly is still wearing his battle armor which to me means he isn't even rocking full power yet

You don't rock full power until you are shirtless

Also Vegeta is nowhere to be found during that. Probably laying in a ditch somewhere

There is promotional art of this movie that was shown in Japan I think

It showed SSJ Red Vegeta and a bunch of other forms for Goku

UI Goku was not one of the designs shown

So that might mean that @Horse Style is correct and UI wont be in the movie

2Fkdizf.png

UI1tAnF.png

I noticed during the last moment in the trailer when Goku says "He is getting stronger." Broly is still wearing his battle armor which to me means he isn't even rocking full power yet

You don't rock full power until you are shirtless

Also Vegeta is nowhere to be found during that. Probably laying in a ditch somewhere
Until I see him starting smashing SS Even Bluer Vegeta, I'm not going to assume he's been fucked up.

I do find it interesting that Vegeta is going to have SSG form in this movie from this artwork revealed at Comic-Con

dragon_ball_super__broly_designs__vegeta_by_exylecage-dchpqw1.jpg

Also, it's obvious UI is going to show up. If Kefla triggered it, Broly definitely will. I don't know if he'll go full-on UI but I definitely want to see Broly's reaction to not being able to lay a finger on Goku.

EDIT: You beat me to the artwork

K, didn't even know new series started until I accidentally stumbled on it on youtube. Looks like they might try to justice to Vegito. Movie trailer actually looks great. They might get this right.

Anyone following the manga. The latest chapter is redeeming Gohan. I do find the pacing ridiculous though.

I’m still needing Piccolo to get an upgrade. I was sure that was gonna happen in TOP.
They can’t fit anymore Namiks in that body, I’ve lost count is there 4 in there now?

Hadn’t the namik piccolo merge with merge with someone else before, hell wait I think king Ki had also before. So there’s 4 maybe 5 namiks in there??

I’m surprised they never did more with Pikon

This is worrying me. Is Jiren already gonna be the new Tien Shin Han/Piccolo and just a weakling compared with Goku and Vegeta after this movie...

This would sucks, alot.
I'm already very disappointed that Hit is seemingly weaker than Vegeta.

I still think, at least from we have seen at the end of the tournament, Jiren wrecks Vegeta easily.

There is promotional art of this movie that was shown in Japan I think

It showed SSJ Red Vegeta and a bunch of other forms for Goku

UI Goku was not one of the designs shown

So that might mean that @Horse Style is correct and UI wont be in the movie

2Fkdizf.png

UI1tAnF.png

Now all they lack is green or purple hair <Moves>

They can’t fit anymore Namiks in that body, I’ve lost count is there 4 in there now?

Hadn’t the namik piccolo merge with merge with someone else before, hell wait I think king Ki had also before. So there’s 4 maybe 5 namiks in there??

I’m surprised they never did more with Pikon

Piccolo, Kami and Nail iirc. Not sure if there are still more.
But the two U6 Namekians seems to have absorb the entire population if I'm not wrong. There might not be a limit.

Now all they lack is green or purple hair <Moves>

Piccolo, Kami and Nail iirc. Not sure if there are still more.
But the two U6 Namekians seems to have absorb the entire population if I'm not wrong. There might not be a limit.

I said king ki I meant kami, I’m pretty sure he merged with someone before didn’t he, and I thought nail had also on namik.

This would sucks, alot.
I'm already very disappointed that Hit is seemingly weaker than Vegeta.

I still think, at least from we have seen at the end of the tournament, Jiren wrecks Vegeta easily.
Hit was weaker than Vegeta even back in the U6 arc. He won because Vegeta was already low on stamina and because they didn't figure out how his Time Skip worked yet.

Goku used the Hit vs Vegeta fight to figure out Hit's Time Skip so he could counter it

Holy shit, Toyotora is rushing the Tournament of Power like he's about to die tomorrow and needs to get everything finished. The way he wasted Aniraza was out of line.

I do like how they explain that even though Kale is impressively strong, most of her success is simply catching everyone off-guard since she's just brawling. The bums of U11 whipped her ass with just teamwork.

Vegeta even hinted that he could deal with her himself just with better fight IQ. That may hint how the final battle against Broly will go down.

Holy shit, Toyotora is rushing the Tournament of Power like he's about to die tomorrow and needs to get everything finished. The way he wasted Aniraza was out of line.

I do like how they explain that even though Kale is impressively strong, most of her success is simply catching everyone off-guard since she's just brawling. The bums of U11 whipped her ass with just teamwork.

Vegeta even hinted that he could deal with her himself just with better fight IQ. That may hint how the final battle against Broly will go down.

Are you watching dub or sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back