The most well-rounded fighter in UFC history???

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It's shocking how a lot of the best fighters in the game, excel in only one or two area's

Conor was a great striker but sucked on the ground
Khabib had awful striking but it didn't matter once it hit the ground

Jones, GSP and DJ were all amazing in several areas.

Who would you put as your tops?

I'm talking proficient in striking, kickboxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, positional control, etc.

<JonesLaugh>
Outwrestled and took down Olympic medalists
Jon%2BJones%2BTakes%2BDown%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

Outstruck great strikers
method_get_s_jon-jones-shogun-gif.gif

submitted BJJ blackbelts
1713879385640.png

GSP and Mighty Mouse are also extremely well rounded and elite in all areas

Last edited:
It's shocking how a lot of the best fighters in the game, excel in only one or two area's

Conor was a great striker but sucked on the ground
Khabib had awful striking but it didn't matter once it hit the ground

Jones, GSP and DJ were all amazing in several areas.

Who would you put as your tops?

I'm talking proficient in striking, kickboxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, positional control, etc.
Roy Nelson is quite well rounded (both in figure and skills for a HW)

roy_nelson_4.jpg

Someone who is good at grappling, striking and last but not least, have KO-power.

I believe its Petr Yan. He didn't show us much of his wrestling or grappling, but in those rare moments, one could see he is really elite in those areas also. Him tossing around Aljo in the first fight with his Judo was sick. Then he showed some amazing wrestling vs Song, and almost D'arced him in the end. Guy's really good everywhere. His TDD is top class too

I believe its Petr Yan. He didn't show us much of his wrestling or grappling, but in those rare moments, one could see he is really elite in those areas also. Him tossing around Aljo in the first fight with his Judo was sick. Then he showed some amazing wrestling vs Song, and almost D'arced him in the end. Guy's really good everywhere. His TDD is top class too
His entries on Song were so slick; some of the better takedown entries I've seen in a while. Those sort of skills are why MMA wrestling is so much different than wrestling. Instanly after his combos were landing he was already deep in on Song's hips; good luck defending that.

1713883144120.png

Hella well rounded. Always gets the (take)down too.

His entries on Song were so slick; some of the better takedown entries I've seen in a while. Those sort of skills are why MMA wrestling is so much different than wrestling. Instanly after his combos were landing he was already deep in on Song's hips; good luck defending that.
Eastern fighters are the best at this. Fedor was a master at striking then sort of falling into a clinch on the follow through

DC was pretty good at that too to be fair

Back