The most important matches in MMA history

Which one is the biggest of them all???

• Total voters
???

GSP started MMA 8 months after BJ. He's only 3 years younger.

And BJ entered into MMA as the first ever American BJJ BB to win Worlds. He'd earned it in under 3 years, thought to be the fastest ever legitimate BB. GSP's background was Quebecois McDojo karate.

Are you really still this salty after all these years?
Did GSP end his career in nine losses? No he didn't stfu
Your response is a strawman response has fuck all to do with what I said.

Reactions: HHJ
I wasn't following when Fedor fought Cro Cop but voted for this based on what the old schoolers say

Did GSP end his career in nine losses? No he didn't stfu
Your response is a strawman response has fuck all to do with what I said.
GSP was not the next generation fighter. He was of that generation. Your point is utterly retarded and wrong.

Sorry you got mad at being called out.

Forrest got absolutely rekt by Shogun in the rematch and the "win" over Rampage was arguably a robbery.
So he beat both of them despite being a low level regional fighter.

Man, what does that say about them then???

1) Gracie vs. Shamrock
2) Forest vs. Bonnar
3) Mcgregor vs. Aldo
4) Lesnar vs. Randy
5) Jones vs. DC 1
6) GSP vs. Hughes 2
7) Silva vs. Franklin
8) Fedor vs. Crocop
9) Tito vs. Chuck 1
10) Fedor vs. Big Nog

So he beat both of them despite being a low level regional fighter.

Man, what does that say about them then???

It means that you can lose to a lower level fighter when you're not at your best.

It happens in team sports all the time. A championship team gets blown out by a team who can't even hold a .500 record.

I'd argue Rampage won.

IMG_4483.jpeg

This one for me, felt unreal. Also got me to start training ASAP

IMG_5617.jpeg

This another one

The “Machida Era” was getting down-right ridiculous

Shogun came and aligned the stars with the universe and took back MMA from karate to Muay-Thai Kickboxing

<{JustBleed}>

Jon Jones v Evans or Jon Jones v Machida. Top 3 LHWs ever fighting over the future.

View attachment 1043132

Shogun came and aligned the stars with the universe and took back MMA from karate to Muay-Thai Kickboxing

Epic / iconic image and fight/s

I loved them both but was upset with the decision, and felt something was made right with the universe when Shogun took the second fight the way he did.

shogun2titles_original.jpg

I had a poster made of this pic at the time and I think I may still have it.

An important event for sure.

Also lol @HHJ for starting this thread and abruptly abandoning with it reckless disregard <lmao>

Last edited:
495475_001.jpg

Also, ask yourself where we'd be if Art had knocked Royce the fuck out with one glove.

It means that you can lose to a lower level fighter when you're not at your best.

It happens in team sports all the time. A championship team gets blown out by a team who can't even hold a .500 record.

I'd argue Rampage won.
Shogun wasn't at his best coming off winning the Pride GP and the #1 LHW in the world, and Rampage wasn't at his best as the reigning LHW champion and #1 LHW in the world.

Okay there pal.

Let me guess, you've probably also got an excuse for why Forrest was handily winning 3 rounds to Rashad after these too? Can't possibly be that Forrest was actually legitimately the #1 LHW at this point.

Shogun wasn't at his best coming off winning the Pride GP and the #1 LHW in the world, and Rampage wasn't at his best as the reigning LHW champion and #1 LHW in the world.

Okay there pal.

Let me guess, you've probably also got an excuse for why Forrest was handily winning 3 rounds to Rashad after these too? Can't possibly be that Forrest was actually legitimately the #1 LHW at this point.

No, Shogun was coming off a knee surgery and had 3 minutes of cardio. You really want to claim that the Shogun from the Forrest fight was the same guy who beat Machida twice?

Like I said Rampage arguably won so stop using that as some kind of metric.

And Forrest got absolutely melted by Rashad after playing the conservative pitter patter game with him for 3 rounds, trying to sneak in another Rampage like "win"

Stop acting he was some super elite fighter because of some marginal success and flukish wins he could never replicate or repeat with any kind of regularity.

You sound like a fanboy bruv. Griffin improved over the years into a somehwat decent fighter but lets be honest, the Griffin from the Bonnar fight was a regional brawling bum with very little skill. That fight was dogshit compared to the level in Japan at the same time.

Last edited:
No, Shogun was coming off a knee surgery and had 3 minutes of cardio. You really want to claim that the Shogun from the Forrest fight was the same guy who beat Machida twice?

Like I said Rampage arguably won so stop using that as some kind of metric.

And Forrest got absolutely melted by Rashad after playing the conservative pitter patter game with him for 3 rounds, trying to sneak in another Rampage like "win"

Stop acting he was some super elite fighter because of some marginal success and flukish wins he could never replicate or repeat with any kind of regularity.

You sound like a fanboy bruv.
Forrest can't even raise his arms his shoulders are so damaged and you're sitting here bitching about injuries lmao.

Forrest was briefly the best LHW in the world. It happens. It's been like 16 years, let it go man.

Forrest can't even raise his arms his shoulders are so damaged and you're sitting here bitching about injuries lmao.

Forrest was briefly the best LHW in the world. It happens. It's been like 16 years, let it go man.

Forrest didn't have any such injuries in those fights you shameless UFC fanboy 🤣

At no point was the best LHW in the world.

Forrest didn't have any such injuries in those fights you shameless UFC fanboy 🤣

At no point was the best LHW in the world.

Griffin vs. Shogun[edit]​

At UFC 76, Griffin fought against PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix Champion Maurício Rua.[17] At the time, Shogun was ranked the number one light heavyweight fighter in the world by several MMA publications. Griffin won by rear naked choke at 4:45 of round three. Griffin required surgery after the fight due to a shoulder injury that was sustained before the bout. Griffin's shoulder has been a recurring problem since.[18]

"Forrest has had a majorly damaged shoulder for quite a long while. The injuries to his shoulder even before his fight with Shogun were exhaustive. You have never heard of it because Forrest never mentions his injuries, whether he has won or lost, after his fights. This surgery was a long time in coming. Everyone felt it was in his best interest to have the surgery now before fighting another top tier fighter. He basically fought Shogun with one arm. Trust me, Forrest wanted to fight Silva in December but that was not to be."

Take the L pal.

Griffin vs. Shogun[edit]​

At UFC 76, Griffin fought against PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix Champion Maurício Rua.[17] At the time, Shogun was ranked the number one light heavyweight fighter in the world by several MMA publications. Griffin won by rear naked choke at 4:45 of round three. Griffin required surgery after the fight due to a shoulder injury that was sustained before the bout. Griffin's shoulder has been a recurring problem since.[18]

"Forrest has had a majorly damaged shoulder for quite a long while. The injuries to his shoulder even before his fight with Shogun were exhaustive. You have never heard of it because Forrest never mentions his injuries, whether he has won or lost, after his fights. This surgery was a long time in coming. Everyone felt it was in his best interest to have the surgery now before fighting another top tier fighter. He basically fought Shogun with one arm. Trust me, Forrest wanted to fight Silva in December but that was not to be."

Take the L pal.
Shameless ass UFC grifting fanboy.
🥴🤡

Back