The man to finish Ben Askren

He got dominated by a guy with a losing record?

How did "close fight" turn into being dominated? Give the guy some credit, 40lbs is an unbelievable weight difference and would never be sanctioned outside of a third world country (or Japan).

Its unlikely that, at his age, that Dwayne will make any serious waves in MMA, especially given that he has pretty much no resources at his disposal. Thats said, hes a real pioneer in the region, far more so than Gary Goodridge, all of the future MMA fighters that the Caribbean will inevitably produce will owe it to Dwayne for paving the way and thats to be respected. Its not his fault that his biggest fan makes him look bad.

Last edited:
How did "close fight" turn into being dominated? Give the guy some credit, 40lbs is an unbelievable weight difference and would never be sanctioned outside of a third world country (or Japan).

Its unlikely that, at his age, that Dwayne will make any serious waves in MMA, especially given that he has pretty much no resources at his disposal. Thats said, hes a real pioneer in the region, far more so than Gary Goodridge, all of the future MMA fighters that the Caribbean will inevitably produce will owe it to Dwayne of paving the way and thats to be respected. Its not his fault that his biggest fan makes him look bad.

Well said.

Its unlikely that, at his age, that Dwayne will make any serious waves in MMA, especially given that he has pretty much no resources at his disposal. Thats said, hes a real pioneer in the region, far more so than Gary Goodridge, all of the future MMA fighters that the Caribbean will inevitably produce will owe it to Dwayne of paving the way and thats to be respected. Its not his fault that his biggest fan makes him look bad.

For real? One of the most popular Pride fighters to someone nobody on Sherdog would know of if it weren't for this thread?

What about Yves Edwards?

For real? One of the most popular Pride fighters to someone nobody on Sherdog would know of if it weren't for this thread?

What about Yves Edwards?

Gary is a great fighter too. Why pit countryman against countryman?

Gary is a great fighter too. Why pit countryman against countryman?

I didnt the other guy did and you praised him for it.

Am I taking crazy pills? Maybe it's me.

What about Yves Edwards?

Gary Goodridge has lived most of his life in Canada, he's had absolutely nothing to do in the development of MMA in the Caribbean. Dwayne, on the other hand, is essentially a cargo ship that goes out and brings combat techniques into the region.

Well, besides all the trollers. This thread became a way to know a little more about mma in the Caribe region. Maybe one day there'll be a TUF America Latina and maybe they'll have a WW division.

Gary Goodridge has lived most of his life in Canada, he's had absolutely nothing to do in the development of MMA in the Caribbean. Dwayne, on the other hand, is essentially a cargo ship that goes out and brings combat techniques into the region.

This is why we should support him. He's doing things for others.

I'm glad more and more people are becoming his fans.

10460970_1643916842495153_1680615298466772698_n.jpg

Big fight announced against dangerous opponent. Looks like he's planning to fight a lot this year.

Hoping for a 1st round finish so he can book a big return fight in the summer.

Christ, Hinds isn't going after easy fights.

He better hope he can get his grappling going (and that it's leagues above his) or Jake is going to knock him into next week.

Christ, Hinds isn't going after easy fights.

He better hope he can get his grappling going (and that it's leagues above his) or Jake is going to knock him into next week.

I bet he outgrapples Jake.

That's if it even goes to the ground, he may put on an exhibition on the feet.

Bostwick smashes him.
So this is the bigger things he was expecting when he didn't get cast for TUF. Or rather, the bigger things TS expected.

Bostwick smashes him.
So this is the bigger things he was expecting when he didn't get cast for TUF. Or rather, the bigger things TS expected.

Admittedly no.

Had he won his debut in One FC he would have gotten a title shot at Askren.

Now he needs to build his way back.

I believe he is still with OFC.

I bet he outgrapples Jake.

That's if it even goes to the ground, he may put on an exhibition on the feet.

Think again, if Hinds wanted to get back on track this was a very poor decision since Jake is better at standup and is good defensively at grappling.

If Hinds submits him, there may just be some substance to his "Pan am sambo" stuff but he has a tough fight.

Think again, if Hinds wanted to get back on track this was a very poor decision since Jake is better at standup and is good defensively at grappling.

If Hinds submits him, there may just be some substance to his "Pan am sambo" stuff but he has a tough fight.

He has height and reach on Jake and has been working his boxing against much bigger and stronger opponents.

11071926_967717969919953_3532964163585331126_n.jpg

Now lets realistically sit and think about what Askren would do to him and laugh our sides into orbit. Those 10-7 rounds off of Andrey Koreskhov would look like an even fight compared to what Askren would do to this guy. I don't want to see Ben go to prison. This shit would make Cyborg x Finney look like a razor close matched contest.
Surprised the UFC signed some fresh off of tapping to strikes in the first round.

He's going to need more than heavily airbrushed model photoshopped pics and beating overmatched cans but good luck to him.

Back