The ''like'' system..

And another thing, why can't I view all the people who have liked a comment? It only ever shows me one or two people, despite a post getting far more likes than that.

I have the existential question of whether I want to like anyone's post anymore... SD just doesn't seem to believe me that I want to like any post. It constantly questions me about whether or not I really want to like a post. It feels like I need to soul search with myself for every shit post I want to like. It's mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausting! This philosophical depth to liking a post is far too much for my JB simple mind!
<{JustBleed}>

I have liked and confirmed the like of the above post

I have the existential question of whether I want to like anyone's post anymore... SD just doesn't seem to believe me that I want to like any post. It constantly questions me about whether or not I really want to like a post. It feels like I need to soul search with myself for every shit post I want to like. It's mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausting! This philosophical depth to liking a post is far too much for my JB simple mind!
<{JustBleed}>
I agree. Liking shouldn't be such a big deal. The question should be whether you truly LOVE the post, whether you'd consider marrying it.

I agree. Liking shouldn't be such a big deal. The question should be whether you truly LOVE the post, whether you'd consider marrying it.

There should be a 1-click option for liking posts, and another one that takes you through a half hour process to sign the marriage contract for a post you really love.

for technical reasons they patently want to discourage likes.
They actually said this somewhere? What technical issues do "likes" cause?

There should be a 1-click option for liking posts, and another one that takes you through a half hour process to sign the marriage contract for a post you really love.
Damn! I was gonna give you the smiley hearts reaction, but it's gone after only a couple of days.

What if I just want to laugh at a post? Why can't I do that anymore without responding with a laughing GIF?

Sigh.

They actually said this somewhere? What technical issues do "likes" cause?
This was officially stated back when likes first became restricted. But at no time was it cogently explained.

But we just have to trust them. They're the technies after all.
<Neil01>

This was officially stated back when likes first became restricted. But at no time was it cogently explained.

But we just have to trust them. They're the technies after all.
<Neil01>
Was that back after they all disappeared after an "upgrade" and we were limited on how many posts we could "like" each day?
<Hendricks02>

It's weird on PC. I have to confirm and I can only like instead of pick what I want.

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

Also, I can't like my own posts. How can I truly like others if I can't like myself?

Previous new like system wasnt intuitive like the old forum. Todays system that brings you to a confirmation page is clunky. Plus it messes up the flow with using the Page Back feature on the forums.

Hey Reach,

It's a bit tricky, but the like button actually becomes Bold once it's already clicked
Needs to have a good eye to notice it. I myself got used to it after a couple of days
Here's what it looks like:

- already clicked
F9LbRlv.png

- not yet clicked
8zosFLl.png

However, majority of staff feels the same sentiment as yours and I believe this issue is on the list that have been addressed to tech so we're expecting to get it sorted in the coming days. (We prefer at least the word 'Like' turns blue after clicking it, sort of like what you're suggesting) Hope this helps.

Interesting how the images don't show up in the post but do show up when the post is shown when I reply to it. With the images showing, they look exactly the same to me.

Interesting how the images don't show up in the post but do show up when the post is shown when I reply to it. With the images showing, they look exactly the same to me.

Per tech: Xenforo, not Sherdog, is having issues in regards to posting images/gifs including the ones uploaded on hosting sites and they're working on a fix for it.

Imgur has rate limited Xenforo's proxy server. I reached out to our Xenforo point of contact and they will get in touch with Imgur to see if they can resolve this. This is out of our hands unfortunately. I advise using other image hosting sites for the time being.

I've restored the standard xenforo reaction system (where you can see who liked your post). I'll chat with the Sherdog staff about the other reactions to see which ones we should re-enable.

Also, the reaction confirmation prompt that was appearing was not added by us and was a response by Xenforo (Still not sure what was triggering it). Seems to have gone away now, but if users still experience please enable JS in your browsers: https://www.larimer.gov/it/enable-javascript

Reactions: Gio
Per tech: Xenforo, not Sherdog, is having issues in regards to posting images/gifs including the ones uploaded on hosting sites and they're working on a fix for it.
Was literally going to make a thread about this exact issue.

Reactions: Gio
Back