The ''like'' system..

Reach4theSky

Playin' a riddim
@Gold
Reaction score
Mod edit: The like button now changes color when you've clicked them
KXOrgFn.png

------​

Is there going to be something implemented that acknowledges that you liked a post? I've seen this question asked but haven't read an answer..

When you use the angry icon or any of the other ones, the like button will change to that particular icon (example :mad:), telling you that you have reacted to the post. But if you use the like(the thumb) option, it just stays there like you didn't react..

You have to hover over the like button or click the banked reactions to see whether you liked the post or not..

Changing the color of the like button after you use it would be very helpful..

Last edited by a moderator:
The number of likes goes up when you like something. Just look at that. When it goes from 2 to 3 or whatever, it's counted your like.

Agreed.

On another note, everytime I check who reacted to a post/liked a post, I instantly get transported to the bottom of the page. I still get to see the window with the names of the people who have reacted, but when I close it I will have to scroll up again if i want to continue reading where I left off.

Is there going to be something implemented that acknowledges that you liked a post? I've seen this question asked but haven't read an answer..

When you use the angry icon or any of the other ones, the like button will change to that particular icon (example :mad:), telling you that you have reacted to the post. But if you use the like(the thumb) option, it just stays there like you didn't react..

You have to hover over the like button or click the banked reactions to see whether you liked the post or not..

Hey Reach,

It's a bit tricky, but the like button actually becomes Bold once it's already clicked
Needs to have a good eye to notice it. I myself got used to it after a couple of days
Here's what it looks like:

- already clicked
F9LbRlv.png

- not yet clicked
8zosFLl.png

However, majority of staff feels the same sentiment as yours and I believe this issue is on the list that have been addressed to tech so we're expecting to get it sorted in the coming days. (We prefer at least the word 'Like' turns blue after clicking it, sort of like what you're suggesting) Hope this helps.

Having anything other than the word "like" is also an issue sir.

There's quite a few others too, that's why I haven't really been on as much as I used to be.

Hey Reach,

It's a bit tricky, but the like button actually becomes Bold once it's already clicked
Needs to have a good eye to notice it. I myself got used to it after a couple of days
Here's what it looks like:

- already clicked
F9LbRlv.png

- not yet clicked
8zosFLl.png

However, majority of staff feels the same sentiment as yours and I believe this issue is on the list that have been addressed to tech so we're expecting to get it sorted in the coming days. (We prefer at least the word 'Like' turns blue after clicking it, sort of like what you're suggesting) Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response Gio. I didn't even notice the word like goes bold. Still a bit too subtle imo. Glad to see the staff is on the same page.. Turning the word ''Like'' blue would be perfect!

Thanks for the response Gio. I didn't even notice the word like goes bold. Still a bit too subtle imo. Glad to see the staff is on the same page.. Turning the word ''Like'' blue would be perfect!
I can see it now changes to blue when you've liked a post. That's good stuff.

Yep, Like TCE mentioned, it now changes to color blue. Thank you guys for your patience. Cheers!
KXOrgFn.png

Do I have to "confirm" every like now?
Kinda ridiculous. If you accidentally liked something before you can always just unlike it. No need to take you off the page to confirm it, as if you're placing an order with your credit card by giving a "like."

I can infer why they've introduced this complication: for technical reasons they patently want to discourage likes.

I might never like another post. Or maybe I will once in a blue moon if it's truly spectacular.

How can anyone be so woefully incompetent to think that having to confirm a like by being rerouted to a different page is a good idea?

Seriously.

woah it says on the top of your post: This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

but i can still see your post. i guess i'm not a normal user.

posting images and gif's seems to be rather broken right now too

What's 'enable push notifications'
When someone in prison taps your shoulder before crawling in bed.

It pops up messages on your screen outside of the browser, with an alert noise. So the forum will start texting you.

This Confirming Likes Gotsa Go!

I have the existential question of whether I want to like anyone's post anymore... SD just doesn't seem to believe me that I want to like any post. It constantly questions me about whether or not I really want to like a post. It feels like I need to soul search with myself for every shit post I want to like. It's mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausting! This philosophical depth to liking a post is far too much for my JB simple mind!
<{JustBleed}>

What's up with this having to confirma Like now? I don't want an extra step between liking something :(
1701156562485.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back