The last time Shogun beat a legit top10 opponent was Forrest Griffin back in 2011.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think little Nog might have been borderline top10 when Shogun beat him, but still, this is the fighter almost half of Sherdog wants to get a title shot.

Who cares? Cormier's next HW defense is against a WWE champion.

Nog was for sure top 10 but I get your point

And I've said it for a while he's irrelevant

Careful, the 'Shogun Society of Blind Nutthuggery' may find your thread offensive..

I think shogun gets a chance because it’s the fight DC wants. Nothing to do with merit or rankings.

Forrest couldn't get his regular brand of tuna before the fight, so that one doesn't even count.

No-one beats Forrest with his regular brand of tuna.

Shogun ducked by top 10 LHW confirmed!

Seriously now, I like the fighter, he was one of the best. Was! I would be shocked if he wins the belt again in the weakest division.

just relax there before you start mouthing off like youve been personally offended somehow.....

Shogun fights Anthony Smith in 10 days....should he win that one...then by all means...let your pointless bitchfest commence....

War Shogun!

I think little Nog might have been borderline top10 when Shogun beat him, but still, this is the fighter almost half of Sherdog wants to get a title shot.
Just cause someone's not ripping a division apart doesn't mean it won't draw viewers. You could argue he doesn't deserve the shot but I think most people don't expect him to win, and then if he does it's kind of a cool rocky story

Just cause someone's not ripping a division apart doesn't mean it won't draw viewers. You could argue he doesn't deserve the shot but I think most people don't expect him to win, and then if he does it's kind of a cool rocky story

I understand, but I dont even believe DC vs Shogun would draw at all in terms of PPV. There would be a small handfull of hardcores who would care, and thats it.

I understand, but I dont even believe DC vs Shogun would draw at all in terms of PPV. There would be a small handfull of hardcores who would care, and thats it.
Still a bigger draw than a lot oh lhw fights right now

It’s a fresh match up for DC at LHW who isn’t a random no-name.

This is a supernova Pride legend, a fan favorite, and a former champ.

Still a bigger draw than a lot oh lhw fights right now

Sure, but only because its DC fighting. For example, DC vs Gus rematch would definitely draw better numbers than DC vs Shogun. There is nothing really there to sell with DC vs Shogun, except for the small number of old hardcores/Pride fans. And those hardcores already watch DCs fights anyway.

Sure, but only because its DC fighting. For example, DC vs Gus rematch would definitely draw better numbers than DC vs Shogun. There is nothing really there to sell with DC vs Shogun, except for the small number of old hardcores/Pride fans. And those hardcores already watch DCs fights anyway.
Let's put it this way. There's a reason he went to hw

Was Anderson top 10 when they fought? But yeah I agree. He's a perennial fan favorite for us older fans, but he belongs no where in the discussion for fighting DC. Odd call out

Back