The key to being popular ..

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
c512f-15449417273208-800.jpg

Beat someone nobody likes.

Nobody gave a shit about Al last year, now the Al love is all encompassing.
He garnered respect for facing the Dagestani gangster but since handing Lee his arse, everyone is an Al fan.

#hespect.

He garnered respect for facing the Dagestani gangster but since handing Lee his arse, everyone is an Al fan.

#hespect.

"Real estate gangster"
<mma4>

For now he is popular, but Sherdog is all about the moment.

Literally half of this forum was on Lee's nuts before the fight and said he would be a horrible match-up for Khabib.

Only now are people starting to dislike Lee for something that he has displayed his entire career which is a lack of respect and a delusional victim mentality. He talked the same crap about Ferguson before they fought.

Literally half of this forum was on Lee's nuts before the fight and said he would be a horrible match-up for Khabib.

Only now are people starting to dislike Lee for something that he has displayed his entire career which is a lack of respect and a delusional victim mentality. He talked the same crap about Ferguson before they fought.
People "liked" Lee only because he was perceived as a threat to Khabib. Once the delusion was broken, nobody likes him anymore, because Lee is inherently very unlikable due to his antics.

I like Al he’s a very good fighter I root for him sometimes but his face
His foking face
There’s something really goofy and funny about his face

I dont hate Kevin Lee at least he is making a huge effort to put himself out there and generate interest in his fights. Cocky, disrespectful and arrogant though which makes him unlikable.

That is true but Al has a very likable personality also. It was bullshit to ridicule him as a real estate agent when he faced Khabib on a days notice like a true G. I am happy he is getting the respect he deserves.

So If T-Wood beat the breaks off Covindumb, he'll be love here ?

Unfortunately for Al, after the fight with Khabib (which obviously nobody wants to see again), he has nowhere to go. It's a good win over Lee, but unless Khabib leaves (and even if he does) Al was just completely dominated by him with no particular path to victory.

I get what your saying but Al was always a good fighter , people were just too casual of a fan to know this... AL wanted more money before because he knew he could hang and probably beat some of the top guys but he didn't want to do for peanuts, I hope that's changed now because the guys a star, he called his win over Lee saying all that cocky shit was going to get Lee hurt and Al beat that ass...he also fought really well agaisnt khabib on short notice without preparing for 5 rounds..that's a huge bonus to me that he was willing to step in and do the job no1 else wanted...so to me nothing knew to see here been calling out Lee's lack skills and fight IQ for time..people are just noticing the same thing now

Sure, and now Al has the blueprint on how to beat Khabib, so he is UFC lw champin 2019.

Unfortunately for Al, after the fight with Khabib (which obviously nobody wants to see again), he has nowhere to go. It's a good win over Lee, but unless Khabib leaves (and even if he does) Al was just completely dominated by him with no particular path to victory.

Yes , except that was a short notice fight where he was preparing for a 3 rounder and a different opponent...there's enough interest atleast for true fight fans that I would like to see them fight with a full camp, a strong game plan from the serra/Longo camp and khabibs unique skillset could set up an absolute masterpiece of a fight

lee is still a damn good fighter. i was rooting for him last saturday and will continue to root for him. in a way this is good though, because Al is a monster. now he can get his shine.

lee makes some noise when he wins so hes never more than a couple wins away from being a contender

They key to being popular is to put on exciting fights and to win. You have to win if you want to be popular. Conor would be a nobody if he didn't win his first few UFC fights. You also can't be a dwarf. No matter how many fights Mighty Mouse wins he will never get the notoriety as an average sized man with similar skill set. If you have a good personality, are good looking, knock out everyone in the first round and are white. Shiiiittttttt. You could run for President. It is what it is.

#hespect.

My top 3:

Jon Jones----------------> DESTROYED Cormier twice!
Nate Diaz---------------->Humiliated McGregor!
Al Iaquinta--------------->SON'd Lee Twice!

Back