The Investigation of Planned Parenthood by the

Quipling

classical conservative
@Silver
Reaction score
GOP members of congress found that there was no evidence planned parenthood had broken the law.

Neither did any of the seven state investigations. Neither did the dem congress investigation. Any violations were administrative failures unrelated to the claims of the videos. (ie, florida found that one of the clinics had the wrong license for some of the procedures they were using, and another was using the wrong recordkeeping method)

Indiana Florida Massachussetts south dakota Georgia Pennsylvania Congress

Instead, they found the only thing suggesting anything untoward had occurred were the edited videos.

Of course, this isn't going to stop some of the congressmen from trying to pass a bill or two defunding pp anyways, but let's not pretend like it's going to succeed, especially now that these investigations have confirmed that there's nothing factual to support it.

For a reminder, here's all the meaningful evidence of wrongdoing.

[YT]nfWlot6h_JM?t=44s[/YT]

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/u...-missouri.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Missouri's investigation has now absolved PP of wrongdoing in their state.

The ensuing investigation reviewed more than 3,500 pages of documents and conducted multiple interviews of representatives at the clinic and the pathology laboratory. The 47-page report included copies of lab reports and waste-disposal tracking documents.

It said the investigation covered 317 surgical abortions that took place in June, a month that was chosen because the procedures happened before the release of the videos in July.

“As a result of our investigation, the office of the Missouri Attorney General has found no evidence that PPSLR has engaged in unlawful disposal of fetal organs and tissue,” the report said, using the abbreviation of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region.

In addition to Missouri, officials in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Indiana, South Dakota and Massachusetts have found, after investigations, that Planned Parenthood was in compliance with state laws.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/u...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
Also, PP's head appeared for a congressional hearing, which mostly consisted of GOP legislators complaining about the videos, not being able to support their allegations, and then switching tactics to berating PP for expenses they didn't like. Turns out that they accusations of criminal activity were so much sound and fury...

The damage has been done and it's irreversible. If I were one of the PP employees, I'd bring a civil suit.

Not surprising they found nothing. Nothing to find. Not that that will stop Ted Cruz and others from whipping their gullible base into a fury. Is there any issue ole' Rafael can't twist to his open political gain if he distorts and panders enough?

Now, see, Ripskater, this is a major new development in the story warranting its own new, discrete thread.

Pray it off, buddy.

I hear the conservative media, GOP candidates and congressmen all day attack PP over the "sale of fetal tissue" (even though there is no evidence of this). I haven't heard one go after the major pharmaceutical corporations who are the actually giving money for the donated tissue though.

Just cause this thread needs more Posts

I hear the conservative media, GOP candidates and congressmen all day attack PP over the "sale of fetal tissue" (even though there is no evidence of this). I haven't heard one go after the major pharmaceutical corporations who are the actually giving money for the donated tissue though.

Yeah, the hearing basically went something like this:

GOP said:
You've been selling baby parts! That's reprehensible! We should take the money you're getting and put it somewhere else! Look at those videos!
PP said:
No, we haven't been. Those videos were falsified. Your own investigation found that we were in compliance with the law, and we had a total of 7 clinics involved in donation.
GOP said:
Ok, but why do you have a 500,000$ salary for running a nonprofit with a 1,500,000,000 dollar budget?

Incidentally, Wayne LaPierre makes 970,000 a year running a nonprofit with a 250,000,000 dollar budget. Or twice as much for an organization an eighth as big. Which is really fucking high, actually.

Organizations closer to the size of planned parenthood include the Smithsonian Institute (700,000 for their chief executive), Boy Scouts (was 500,000 but the current director is Robert Gates and he is doing it for free), and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute (1.1 million).

So it was completely fabricated??

Will there be any repercussions for the people who made it up?

Not surprising they found nothing. Nothing to find. Not that that will stop Ted Cruz and others from whipping their gullible base into a fury.

Will this likely be a major issue in the Republican candidate selection?

Now, see, Ripskater, this is a major new development in the story warranting its own new, discrete thread.

Pray it off, buddy.

Dang man, you're still taunting me? You can do what you want, you are a mod.

It's pretty telling that this thread has less than 30 replies. All the social conservative trashcans around here don't even give a shit if PP did anything improper.

Could anyone explain what this congress has taken exception with, they are no different than the democrats, it's obvious now why they did everything they could to kill the tea party. Fuck all these people.

It's pretty telling that this thread has less than 30 replies. All the social conservative trashcans around here don't even give a shit if PP did anything improper.

I think that many of them feel that Planned Parenthood should be shut down because Abortions and don't actually care about the specifics of the claims or their validity.

Could anyone explain what this congress has taken exception with, they are no different than the democrats, it's obvious now why they did everything they could to kill the tea party. Fuck all these people.

I agree, most of them sold themselves out.

What exactly are you upset about here? That Republicans didn't find non-existent improprieties?

Oh wow! This is probably the best source I've seen used in weeks! Holy @#$% this is terrible!

A sight that seems to be almost completely focused on PP finds that "A forensic analysis of undercover videos about Planned Parenthood’s abortion practices are “authentic and show no evidence of manipulation or editing,” according to a report released Tuesday by Alliance Defending Freedom."

So, a Christian site sent the videos to "an American conservative Christian nonprofit organization"... You know what, i'm not even going to go any farther. It's not worth it.

Congrats on your ripskater-level link.

What exactly are you upset about here? That Republicans didn't find non-existent improprieties?

everything this congress has done

as far as this thread goes, if planned parenthood hired skywriters to dictate what they were doing it still wouldn't be more clear, they were buying and selling body parts no two ways about it

answer this for me, obamacare covers abortions, everyone has to have health insurance.....why the fuck are they giving planned parenthood billions for the same procedure covered under obamacare?

Oh wow! This is probably the best source I've seen used in weeks! Holy @#$% this is terrible!

A sight that seems to be almost completely focused on PP finds that "A forensic analysis of undercover videos about Planned Parenthood’s abortion practices are “authentic and show no evidence of manipulation or editing,” according to a report released Tuesday by Alliance Defending Freedom."

So, a Christian site sent the videos to "an American conservative Christian nonprofit organization"... You know what, i'm not even going to go any farther. It's not worth it.

Congrats on your ripskater-level link.

http://gsnmagazine.com/article/44616/coalfire_helps_clients_navigate_new_computer_foren

shut the fuck up

The damage has been done and it's irreversible. If I were one of the PP employees, I'd bring a civil suit.
same thing with acorn. its quite pathetic and sad what happened to acorn. republicans had to resort to lying to shut them down and democrats stood there and did nothing or took the republicans side.

their actual defunding of these programs in states, or other attempts at making abortion access extremely hard, or eliminating sex ed, etc... is egregious. It literally makes zero sense, you can't (financially) be against abortion, and yet against welfare/food stamps/WIC, etc...If anything they should be promoting as many legal abortions as possible to lessen foster care, and all the social welfare costs that tend to occur when poor people have kids....

where you at rip?

Probably promoting abortions in a "no-go zone"

as far as this thread goes, if planned parenthood hired skywriters to dictate what they were doing it still wouldn't be more clear, they were buying and selling body parts no two ways about it

They're acting in accordance with the law, whether you like it or not.

answer this for me, obamacare covers abortions, everyone has to have health insurance.....why the fuck are they giving planned parenthood billions for the same procedure covered under obamacare?

No, not really. This might clear it up a bit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ide-federal-subsidies-for-elective-abortions/

Public funding for abortions is intricately structured. Under the Hyde Amendment, federal funds can

where you at rip?

Probably promoting abortions in a "no-go zone"

I'm not sure what to say. I believe that planned parenthood has sold baby body parts. You guys believe PP made no money on the transaction due to shipping costs. I'm not sure what else there is to argue.

Hyde amendment prohibits giving planned parenthood any funding for abortions. All the funding go towards other activities, and instead you have effectively have two entities under the same roof using different accounts.

Also, they were not buying and selling parts. This is what the investigations uncovered. The allegations that they were have so far turned out to be entirely unsubstantiated beyond some heavily edited videos.

Pray it off, buddy.

Mods mocking religious posters on their forum is pretty trashy. You come off very childish here Mick.

Hyde amendment prohibits giving planned parenthood any funding for abortions. All the funding go towards other activities, and instead you have effectively have two entities under the same roof using different accounts.

Also, they were not buying and selling parts. This is what the investigations uncovered. The allegations that they were have so far turned out to be entirely unsubstantiated beyond some heavily edited videos.

Your links are completely disingenuous
In the hearing on Wednesday, the undercover videos were not directly addressed and Planned Parenthood itself was not invited to testify.
this is the first one I opened from the op

heavily edited my ass, a better response would be they were hypnotized, there are complete sentences spelling out exactly what they are doing you'd have to be a complete idiot to say otherwise.

Last edited:

Take it in strides Rip, this whole forum can see who is the adult and who is being childish in the exchange between the two of you.

Health insurance does not cover abortions for unwanted pregnancies. If you are lucky, certain plans might cover you if the pregnancy was caused by rape, or they diagnose that it will put the mother's life in serious danger.

Mods mocking religious posters on their forum is pretty trashy. You come off very childish here Mick.

If the "religious posters" only post quotes out of their bible as Colby and Rip do, then they should get banned. This is a political forum not a bible thumping forum. They inject religion in every thread they talk in.

They are supposed to be political posters not religious posters.

oh shut up you crybaby, is like playing the victim a reflex for you?

you can be religious and not buy into this anti-PP second rate goebbelsian propaganda

ripskater willingly and consciously made a fool out of him self and he deserves to be mocked. its called personal responsibility

How'd you get the dubs Rip? You're the politest guy on here. Seriously.

If the "religious posters" only post quotes out of their bible as Colby and Rip do, then they should get banned. This is a political forum not a bible thumping forum. They inject religion in every thread they talk in.

They are supposed to be political posters not religious posters.

Then just report me to get banned. Honestly though, I won't try to silence you.

How'd you get the dubs Rip? You're the politest guy on here. Seriously.

He kept on posting something madmick was deleting. They've taken their feuding to this thread, apparently.

I just noticed this yesterday, but originally it didn't say "pray it off." Believe me, that got changed after I quoted him. He realized he made himself look childish and edited his post and the post that I quoted. If he didn't, someone did.

Back