The HW prospects Thread

Hypetrainhipsta

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The title says it all, this should be the place to discuss HW prospects.

I think that guys like Hrgovic, Daniel Dubois, Arslanbek Makhmudov and maybe Ivan Dychko could have the biggest long term potential.

I'm not sold on Yoka and Nathn Gorman looks like the guy who wil make it to a certain level because oof his talent, but I'm not sold on his work ethic and conditioning.

Tishenko and Teslenko also seem to be rather interesting prospects, someone like Efe Ajagba is still rather green, but he seems to have a lot of power.

Guido Vianello, a big Italian HW who's one of Tyson Fury's sparring partners for the fight with Wilder, still has to make his pro debut, so no idea how good he'll be.

Feel fee to post more HW prospects.

The title says it all, this should be the place to discuss HW prospects.

I think that guys like Hrgovic, Daniel Dubois, Arslanbek Makhmudov and maybe Ivan Dychko could have the biggest long term potential.

I'm not sold on Yoka and Nathn Gorman looks like the guy who wil make it to a certain level because oof his talent, but I'm not sold on his work ethic and conditioning.

Tishenko and Teslenko also seem to be rather interesting prospects, someone like Efe Ajagba is still rather green, but he seems to have a lot of power.

Guido Vianello, a big Italian HW who's one of Tyson Fury's sparring partners for the fight with Wilder, still has to make his pro debut, so no idea how good he'll be.

Feel fee to post more HW prospects.

I’d like to see yoka in with joe Joyce at some point soon. Think there’s a score to settle there after the terrible judging at the Olympics

I really like Gorman as a boxer, he’s got some lovely skills but I tend to agree with you; is a short (relatively speaking), fat dude going to be able to handle guys that are naturally much bigger and athletic? I don’t think so! Ireckon he could make CW, where I think he could make a far bigger impact

Dubois and ajagba both look like beasts, but still early days

Dubois got some heat for his performance against Kevin Johnson, but he has really limited amateur experience, is just 21 years old and it was his 9th pro fight (in 18 months), it should be a great lerning experience for him and Kingpin has stopped and outclassed Pianeta last year, both Pulev and Andy Ruiz Jr. also went the distance with him, Dubois needs to work behind his jab, pick his shots and learn how to cut off the ring, this one should be a great learning experience.
Arslanbek Makhmudov is an interesting guy, a big guy, between 6’5 and 6’6 tall and around 260 pounds heavy.
At first he wasn't a great amateur, but then he had a great streak in WSB, 12 wins and he stopped a crafty, experienced fighter like Nistor, who has stopped AJ in the amateurs, after a great slugfest.

He's still a bit raw and needs to work behind his jab, but he has size, a good chin and a ton of power, he's now based in Canada and trained by Marc Ramsa and he's really close with Artur Beterbiev, who's like an older brother to him.

Arslanbek Makhmudov is an interesting guy, a big guy, between 6’5 and 6’6 tall and around 260 pounds heavy.
At first he wasn't a great amateur, but then he had a great streak in WSB, 12 wins and he stopped a crafty, experienced fighter like Nistor, who has stopped AJ in the amateurs, after a great slugfest.

He's still a bit raw and needs to work behind his jab, but he has size, a good chin and a ton of power, he's now based in Canada and trained by Marc Ramsa and he's really close with Artur Beterbiev, who's like an older brother to him.

He has heavy hands but I wasn't that impressed, he was getting pummelled before he pulled off the upset in the last round. His defence is absolutely terrible.

He has heavy hands but I wasn't that impressed, he was getting pummelled before he pulled off the upset in the last round. His defence is absolutely terrible.
Yes, that was over 4 years ago and since then he has improved a lot, but you're right, his defence and his lack of speed is a bit of a problem.
Here's a video of Vianello vs. Nistor at the start of the year, at the time Vianello was still 23 years old.

He's one of Fury's sparring partners for the fight with Wilder and also turning pro (he'll have his first fight on the Loma undercard), he's still raw and has some flaws, but for his size (198cm tall) his speed is pretty good and his footwork isn't half bad either.

Yes, that was over 4 years ago and since then he has improved a lot, but you're right, his defence and his lack of speed is a bit of a problem.
Here's a video of Vianello vs. Nistor at the start of the year, at the time Vianello was still 23 years old.

He's one of Fury's sparring partners for the fight with Wilder and also turning pro (he'll have his first fight on the Loma undercard), he's still raw and has some flaws, but for his size (198cm tall) his speed is pretty good and his footwork isn't half bad either.

This guy looks a bit more promising. He has decent movement and at least uses his jab.

Fabio Wardley is another young British HW prospect who made his debut on the same night as Dubois. From what I've seen he has very good movement but will need to bulk up a bit. He's recently been out in Ukraine sparring with Usyk for the Bellew fight.
Needs to keep busy though with only 4 pro fights.

Fabio Wardley is another young British HW prospect who made his debut on the same night as Dubois. From what I've seen he has very good movement but will need to bulk up a bit. He's recently been out in Ukraine sparring with Usyk for the Bellew fight.
Wardley has just signed a management agreement with Dillian Whyte. This should help as he's had a few fights cancelled/opponents pull out this year with his previous team.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...-career-of-heavyweight-prospect-fabio-wardley

Not heard of him. Sounds promising, I will have to check him out. So many HW's coming from the UK recently.

EDIT watched a couple of his fights on youtube. He does have very good head movement, light on his feet and pretty fast for a HW. I'll definitely keep an eye on him.

Last edited:
I still think. Hughie fury to be champion in da future. His dad holding him back with the reach defence. Dude has nasty combos.

Last edited:
Demsey McKean's an athletic and light on his feet rangey 6'6 southpaw out of Australia. He moves pretty well which is why I mention him here, but he doesn't know how to fight on the inside and isn't a big puncher. 28 years old, he had a few MMA fights ages ago, 12-0 in boxing and Australian Heavyweight Champion. He's been calling out Lucas Browne recently.

Makhmudov just stopped the young American HW Satterfield in less than 30 seconds:

Arslanbek still looks plodding and a bit slow, but he has size, power and a good chin.

Hrgovic from Croatia is unstoppable

Makhmudov just stopped the young American HW Satterfield in less than 30 seconds:

Arslanbek still looks plodding and a bit slow, but he has size, power and a good chin.

He reminds me a lot of Golota that kid, one to watch methinks

Damn that was a vicious stoppage. The American looked unconscious on his feet and was taking full bloodied shots still standing.

He reminds me a lot of Golota that kid, one to watch methinks
ATM I don't get a Golata vibe, Golata was sharper and had a good jab, he reminds me more of a Foreman type of fighter, probably also because he's a bit slow, a big slugger with a lot of power.
He should work mostly on learning how to work behind a jab and cutting off the ring, but I think that being based in Canada and working with Marc Ramsa is a good thing for him.
Edit: Yes, it was a bit of a late stoppage, but it also happened right at the start of the fight and pretty fast, but still, the ref could have jumped in a bit faster.

Last edited:
Back